Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, May 25, 2010


I am so sorry it has been so long since my last post. There has been so much going on with work and I have lost track of time.


Taylor continues to do really well. She is just doing great. She continues to have a ton of energy and spunk!!! She is so amazing....you would never thought she was sick. She is truly one of the strongest people I have ever met.


She and Savannah will be starting tennis camp on June 1st. This is a huge deal.....Taylor has either been in the hospital, at home with me, or with Courtney since last June. She is very excited about going to camp but continues to think that "mommy" will be staying with her. Her first day should be "interesting"!!! Coach Seth...you have your work cut out for you!!! Savannah is also very excited but doesn't want to wear tennis shoes.....shoes "hurt" her and she wants to wear her flip flops to tennis camp.....the joys of having a 4 year old!!! Anyway....I am so excited for Taylor to be a "normal" 4 year old again.


Last Saturday was a day that I will never forget. My cousin Kerri (Aunt Kerri to the girls) and I went and got tattoo's together. I got the leukemia ribbon with the word "Believe" above it. My cousin got the Down's Syndrome tattoo with "Believe". Her son, my godchild Kyl, has Down Syndrome. It was an amazing experience and I feel so blessed to have shared it with Kerri. While getting our tattoo's (which did hurt!!) we talked about how inconsequential the pain of getting a tattoo is compared to all that Taylor has gone through. Taylor and all of the children facing cancer or a life with Down's Syndrome truly are my hero's!!! After I got home from getting my tattoo, Sean also went and got the same one..... I have attached a picture of my ankle....Sean's looks exactly the same. Kerri's ribbon is blue and gold which symbolizes Down Syndrome and leukemia.
Taylor's next appointment is June 14th.....my stomach already hurts worrying about it!! Please continue to add Taylor to your prayers...thank you for your support.
June 15th is the big day for layoffs at Takeda. To all of my friends at Takeda.....I am praying for all of you and hoping for the best!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! You and Kerri rock! We will be praying about the 14th...Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig that tat! Nice work. Maybe I should get one... Seriously, I think it turned out great. And the reason for it is even better!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great Kristen. We will make sure to keep Taylor in are nightly prayers for NED.
    Thinking of your family always,
    Jenn, Brad, Chase and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so nice you got that it shows how much you care for your kids. We will keep praying for Taylor's health. We both hope taylor is feeling better. We will visit you guys soon, love you all. Love,
    Carly and Ava

    ReplyDelete