Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Because the last couple of days have been such a roller coaster for us....I forgot to post an update on my sweet Elijah. Elijah is a 3 yr. old little boy with Downs Syndrome and AML. Taylor and I were roommates with Elijah and his parents for a long time. During this time, we all became very close. Elijah is the sweetest little boy and his parents have provided much needed support and comfort to me during this incredible journey. I am deeply saddened to say that due to numerous complications from AML and bone marrow transplant, Elijah will be leaving the hospital and going home on hospice. The doctors have given Elijah only a couple of weeks. I went to PCH on Monday night and sat with Elijah and his mom, Brandy. They are praying for a miracle. Please include Elijah and his family in your prayers. Elijah, Brandy, Andrew, and family - we love you all so much and are praying for a miracle.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, just when you think it couldn't get any worse. I say prayers daily for Taylor and when I read that her tests came back better yesterday I was able to sigh a bit of relief there. Now I read about Elijah and it brought tears to my eyes. So much emotional pain for the families and friends. Our thoughts are with him and his family.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have huge tears in my tears as I am reading about Elijah's struggles. What a rollercoaster of emotions! I am praying for a miracle! I can't imagine how hard this must be when you all have become so connected throughout this journey. The prayers are on overdrive for Taylor and Elijah!

    God Bless all of you,
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a HUGE MIRACLE for Elijah and his family! Also sending out my prayers for Taylor. May God Bless you all.

    Suzanne W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gosh, I am praying for a miracle for Elijah. I remember reading your blogs with him included. What a terrifying battle this disease is. I believe in miracles and I'm praying for one for him also continuing as always to pray for sweet Taylor. Love Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete