Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tonight I post with a very heavy heart. Like many of my friends at Takeda, Sean and I have both been let go from Takeda. Today was a very tough day. My heart and prayers go out to all of my friends that have been let go....

I really don't know what to say......really bad day.

As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, Taylor's next Leukemia check is this Friday. Please, please pray for good news....

It is truly hard to believe that after 11 1/2 years at Takeda, I am now unemployed!!!

Friday has to bring good news.....

8 comments:

  1. I'm still in shock. Will call you later this week. In my book, it's all about Friday. That's the only thing that will matter forever. Damn job!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    I'm SO sorry to hear the news about you and Sean. I was let go too and you're right, such a tough day. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers and I will be praying for NED for Taylor on Friday. All I want to do is hug my husband and kids and never let go! I know you feel the same.

    God Bless!
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen--SO sorry to hear this. I thought Takeda was one of the drug companies that would pull through this without so much issue, but..... it hits everywhere. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. You have already proven you can ride the rough road. I was hoping you would not have to do this for a very long time. If I hear of any job oppourtunities, I'll let you know. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I am so sorry so hear about what happened at Takeda. I was really hoping that you and Sean would have not been let go. If there is anything that Sean and I can do please let me know. I am continuing to pray for NED for Taylor. I am anxiously awaiting your update. I just know that Friday will bring good news. Just know you are all in my prayers.

    Heather Atendido

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen and Sean,

    I am so sorry to hear the news about Takeda. I hope that a new journey begins soon for you both at another place. You both bring alot of talent. Each day it will get better.
    I keep you all in my prayers everyday. I know that you will be missed by all. I will miss you and hope to keep in touch.

    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen,
    I am praying for AWESOME news on Friday! I am also saddened by the events this past Tues. I am so sorry for you and Sean. I am praying for your family that there is nothing but GREAT news in the VERY near future! Please keep us posted. I LOVE the pictures of you and the girls! They are SOOO adorable.

    Suzanne Windish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen and Sean,
    We are so sorry about your job losses. Unfortunately, we know that feeling and there is light at the end of it, I swear!! We will be thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts along with the positive news for Taylor on Friday!!
    Take care,
    Julia and Chad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your job. I'm hoping tomorrow brings good news.

    ReplyDelete