Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Well...it has been a full week of unemployment for Sean and I. We are both actively trying to find jobs but as many of you know, the market is tough right now. We continue to try to focus on the GREAT news from last Friday of NED (No Evidence of Disease) for Taylor.

I can't believe that 1 year ago last week, our unbelievable journey of Leukemia began. I am so thankful that today we are no longer living in the world of central lines, dressing changes, chemotherapy, and numerous side effects. We now try to live month-to-month. Each month brings more happiness and joy that Taylor continues to be healthy. Each month I continue to have so much anxiety around her blood tests. Every bruise, cough, stomach ache, etc causes me to worry that the Leukemia is back...but each month she proves me wrong. She is so strong and brave. She is also SO happy to be a kid again. The things that are normal to most children mean so much to us now.....swimming, bike riding, watching movie together, and just being "normal". It is hard to put into words but just being home and seeing Taylor and Savannah together is worth everything. As I also reflect back on our journey, I truly realize that the love, support, and prayers that we received from all of you will never be forgotten. So....thank you again to ALL of you for believing in Taylor and your continued prayers.

With all of that being said....when I am sad and stressed about being unemployed, I do look at Taylor and Savannah and my world is put back into perspective. It is truly about them. I don't know what my next employment path is going to bring but I do know that if my 4 year old amazing daughter can live through 8 months of INTENSIVE treatment, I can do whatever it takes to give them a great life!!!

To Courtney - we miss you so much. Thank you for all that you did for all of us. You are truly amazing and loved by all of us so much.

I will continue to post updates as they come along.

XOXO
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Kristen and Sean,
    I am wishing you nothing but the BEST in your job hunts and also with Taylor's continued NED. I am also looking for a job now, but I will say that to see my kids happy and healthy, while I am stressing out, does take me down a notch or two and reminds me what is truly important......family!!!! :)

    God Bless,
    Liz O.-Colorado

    ReplyDelete