Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today proved to be another difficult day for Taylor. Her counts are at zero and she still has mouth sores. She is not showing any indication of her counts rebounding at this time....so, as I mentioned before, it is going to be a long stay. She spend the day with Grandma while I worked and enjoyed time with Grandma and Papa but was not herself. I think she is suffering from joint pain from the leukemia and chemo because she keeps telling me "she hurts." I feel so bad for her.

The other sad part of the day was when I took Savannah to school for her 1st day. She woke up excited and in a great mood but as we were driving to school, she kept asking me if Taylor was going to be at school. When I explained that Taylor was still going to be in the hospital and not at school, she started crying. This is really the first, big experience that Savannah has had without Taylor. They have always done everything together!!! She ended up having a great 1st day and loves her new class but was very sad to be going with out Taylor!! So sad!!! It really hit me also that Taylor isn't going to be going back to school for a very long time.....

I can't remember if I ever mentioned how much we appreciate Papa and Grandma Renee helping out with Savannah all last week. Savannah had a great week and enjoyed her special time with them. Papa is still here visiting Taylor and taking and picking up Savannah from school this week and we really appreciate all of his help!! We love you both!!

Back to work for me....will post when I get back from work tomorrow.

Love,
Taylor and Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Kristen- I know you think you are just "doing what you gotta do"...but please know that you are simply amazing! Your strength, attitude, and balancing act is amazing. Those girls are so fortunate to have you as their mother!

    So glad to hear Savannah loves her new class; it must be so confusing for her to not have Tay with her.

    Sending my love and hoping for a better tomorrow for Taylor!

    Missing you all!
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete