Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Any thoughts that we would wake up today and the day would be better have quickly been squashed. I guess I should not even say wake up because I don't really think Taylor or I slept last night. Her platelet transfusion didn't even start until 10:00 and luckily she didn't react to the transfusion. It is just difficult to do it so late because she is not able to sleep. Their are vital signs every 15 minutes, a pulse ox beeping and then she spiked a fever again during the transfusion so we had to fight with her again to take Tylenol. After that was all done, she just couldn't sleep. She is in pain and can't get comfortable. She also has 3 antibiotics running all the time so her pumps seems to beep alot!! So....there was no sleep.

She continues to be at zero, continues to have high fevers, and continues to refuse to eat. We also found out that she will need ANOTHER platelet transfusion today. Her platelets did not bump up high enough from last night. This is most likely because her fever is burning up all the platelets. So....today brings another round of fun. Oh....did I mention, we also had to move rooms again this morning!!! Today, she will start TPN nutrition, have a transfusion and hopefully sleep. I still haven't gotten any of her meds in her today. Even when I mention taking meds or doing mouth care she screams and cry's. Today she asked me, "Mommy, why do you make me do all this yucky stuff?" When does it end?????

I am off to lay down with her and try to get a nap in....we are both exhausted.

4 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    I feel like a broken record, but one that will keep playing until all this is finally over. We are praying like crazy for you guys and miss you tons. Hang in there Tay Tay. Love Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a dry eye here! All I can do is hope the day improved and you guys got a little rest.

    I love you!!!!!!

    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen...I can't believe this. It is just horrible. I am so sorry that Taylor is going through this pain...I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to watch her suffer through all of this. This was such a tough post to read and I thank you, as alwasy, for taking the time to fill us in on her status. I so wish I could be there my friend. Love and prayers to you both!
    xoxo
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen-
    We continue to pray for you all! Hang in there!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete