Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Monday, December 21, 2009

So sorry....this is a continuation of my post...my computer died mid-post and it published the post for some reason......So....I was saying that they added a dose of steroids to Taylor's pre-medication. This might have been the key to her not reacting. No matter what it was.....I am just excited that she didn't have a reaction.

She really enjoyed seeing all of her "old" RN's from the 2nd floor today....she likes being back down here but does miss everyone upstairs!!! She is really getting excited for Christmas but is very sad that she won't be with Savannah. I had been working with the staff to see if Savannah would be able to come up for a quick visit on Christmas but we heard back today that my request was nott granted. So......the girls will be separated on Christmas.....it breaks my heart!!! I have decided that I will stay with Taylor on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but will try to see Savannah for at couple of hours on Christmas Day. I am hoping to take her to dinner and Sean can come see Taylor for a couple of hours. No matter what....Christmas is just not going to be the same this year!!!

I am off to work again tomorrow.....

4 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    You and your family are in my thoughts. This is difficult enough let alone during the holidays. Taylor is in my prayers.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    It breaks my heart that you guys don't all get to be together on Christmas day too-just one more thing that makes this whole situation even more horrible. I am glad you will at least be able to see both of your girls, with the hopes that this will be over soon and next year at Christmas both your girls will be HEALTHY, happy and not really remember this christmas.
    All my love,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen and Taylor,
    I continue to pray for all of you and can't imagine how very hard this is on each of you. God is at work in your lives this very moment and hopefully one day you will find strength and blessings that come from this. Right now I know that's hard to imagine. I will continue to pray for all the things all of you need...most especially Taylor's complete remission, comfort, strength, peace. And I pray you will find a way to have a blessed Christmas this year and a better one next year.
    Karen DeWitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen,

    I read your posts daily and often I am at a loss for what to write. We think of your family constantly and send love all the time. I am so sorry that you will be a divided family for such an incredibly special holiday. All I can say, is to mirror what you already said, the girls are young and they will replace the memories of a Christmas apart with wonderful memories of many Christams's together beginning next year!

    Just continue to do the best you can in this delicate balancing game. You are very loved!

    Have fun at work :-)!

    With love and Merry Christmas wishes!
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete