Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Well, I am back from Dallas and Taylor has gotten through her dose of chemotherapy. I got back last night around 9:00pm and she started chemo at 12:00am. She is feeling good this morning and even asked for breakfast. Last week, the chemo didn't seem to affect her until after her second dose which will be today at noon. So....now we wait. Her counts are starting to come down. Her platelets are also dropping so will most likely need a platelet transfusion by the end of the week. She will receive chemo today at noon, tonight at midnight, tomorrow at noon, and then her next injection at 6:00pm on Wednesday. Her next injection has high potential for reaction so that is scary.....please pray for no reaction!! She is back on her eyedrops which she hates. She will have these every 4 hours until Friday at noon. During the day she is pretty good about doing them but the midnight and 4:00am dose is difficult!!!

I wanted to thank my dad for all his help this week. He took care of Savannah for us while I was gone....she had a great time with Papa!!!

I will try to update tonight.....

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Briana and I am a friend of Betty Novack's from Seattle. I hope you will find it comforting (and not weird) to get a blog comment from a total stranger. Betty told me about Taylor and your family this summer and I've been thinking about her and wishing her well ever since. I will continue to do so and will also continue checking in on Taylor through your blog. I agree with one of your other commenters, it is the season for miracles. I will hope for one to come your way this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor is such a brave little critter!!! I'm always amazed at all she endures. We are praying for her every step of the way and for peace and strength for everyone of you. Love Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete