Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quick post as I am frantically trying to get laundry done, pack my clothes for the next week at the hospital and get ready for a 7:00am flight to Dallas tomorrow. I came home around noon today to spend the afternoon with Savannah. I have to fly in to Dallas tomorrow for a work meeting. I will be home around 8:30 tomorrow night and go right back to the hospital. Taylor will start chemo again Monday at midnight.....luckily, I will make it back in time!!! Sean will be spending the day at the hospital tomorrow and my dad is at the house to help get Savannah to and from school tomorrow. Papa will also go down to help with Taylor on Monday.

Taylor is doing well. She seems to be feeling better today....the break from chemo has helped. She is getting her appetite back a little bit and wanting to play more. Her rash is much better. We did have to change her dressing today and her skin is really breaking down from all of the dressing changes. Her skin is bright red and looks miserable. My friend Keryn was there today when they changed her dressing and I watched Keryn cry right along with Taylor. It is so terrible to see how much it hurts Taylor.....she is so brave!!!

I will post more when I get back from Dallas.
XOXO
Kristen

6 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    I hope you have a safe trip to Dallas. I'm glad it is a short trip. Maybe it will be nice to have a little bit of a "diversion" from hospital days. Who knows? We got your Christmas card today and it is so adorable! With all the things you have going on, I can't believe you got your cards done! You are amazing! I'm praying for a good week for you, Taylor, Sean and Savannah.

    God Bless,
    Liz-Takeda-CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen. We will be at PCH again tomorrow, so sorry to miss you - again! The video of you and Taylor is very touching. Maggie and I had the honor of being at that event to speak with the donors. One of the host's mentioned how you said "we were diagnosed". It really shows people how this impacts every person in the family. It was very challenging to keep myself together after hearing you and Taylor speak. Maggie loved hearing Taylor's voice! It is great that you can continue to think of others while you have so much in your own life. Keep going Kristen - one day at a time, sometimes one hour or one minute, but you are doing it! We will see you soon. Leslie McCullagh-Siegel, Maggie Siegel & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor,

    Guess what? I got Hullabaloo for Hanukkah! Your mommy told my mama about the game. She said you and Savannah like to play it. I really like it and can't wait to play it with you guys soon.

    I hope the owies in your blood go away forever.

    I love you.

    Your friend,
    Nathan T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for God's blessings on your family and for Taylor's health. This is the season of miracles! Sue & Mike Coltrara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,
    Thinking of you and your beautiful family, great card the girls are getting big.

    Remembering the girls how excited they'd get to meet you,at our favorite pit stop 64th Street & Greenway EINSTEINS.
    "God Bless you all, Love Debra Juarez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip to Dallas Kristen. We are thinking about you guys all the time. Carly and I really liked being able to see the video Carly loved seeing and hearing Tay. All our prayers and love. Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete