Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hello all - hope you had a great weekend. I got back to the hospital this afternoon and Taylor is doing well. She is feeling good and enjoyed time with Grandma and Daddy this weekend. She has gotten another rash. We are not sure what this is from. I am hoping it is another side effect rash from the chemotherapy and not a viral rash??? She hasn't gotten a fever yet so we will see how the rash is tomorrow. Her blood levels have been at zero for 6 days....6 very long days but she is tolerating it well. I am thinking another couple weeks for this round????

I traveled up to Flagstaff on Saturday for Dawson's funeral. It was easily one of the hardest days of my life. His celebration of life was beautiful, inspirational, and sad. It was so amazing to see how many people were touched by Dawson. After hearing many stories, I truly understand how he got the nickname "Awesome Dawson!!" My heart continues to break for the Merrick family. I want to thank the Merrick's for allowing me to be part of their journey......I am just so devastated at how it ended.

Before going up on Saturday, I tried explaining to Taylor what had happened to Dawson. Obviously, she doesn't really understand (being only 3 1/2) but when I called her on Saturday to check in, she asked me "Mommy, did you see Dawson flying in the clouds?" I thought that was perfect......yes, Dawson is flying in the clouds and I truly believe he is going to watch over Taylor and help her get better. Taylor asking me this was very hard......

I really want to thank Mark for helping me through Saturday. I am so glad you were there.....

There is much more that I could say about Dawson but it is just so hard. Not only do I feel so much sadness for his family, but it really hits hard because of Taylor......please pray for Taylor and Dawson's family.

Love,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Leslie McCullagh-SiegelSeptember 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM

    Kristen, Taylor & Family -
    I really wish I could say it gets easier (the pain) but I haven't found it to be so yet. Joy does seem to be easier to come by, so I try to enjoy that to the fullest, as I am sure you are too. Its much more fun to be silly anyway!As ugly as this disease is, it puts every part of your being into perspective. We were bummed to hear about RSV restrictions, but definitely understand. Maggie, Molly and I are working on some creative ideas to send care packages, talk with Taylor, etc. Keep going Kristen - you are doing great! Love - Matt, Leslie, Molly, Maggie & Morgan Siegel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen,
    I can't even imagine what Sat. was like for you. We are praying for Dawson's family and also yours as always. We love you guys, you are always in our thoughts, Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete