Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hello all - I never thought that I would be happy to be back in the hospital watching chemotherapy drip into Taylor, but I am!! Yes, she was admitted today and we have started Round 3 of her treatment. She had her 3rd bone marrow aspiration in 3 weeks today and her "blast" cells had recovered enough that she was able to start treatment.

We have had a really long day today. Her bone marrow aspiration was at 1:30. We got admitted to PCH around 5:30 and came up to her room. The roommate situation is less than ideal but we will hopefully change rooms tomorrow. Her roommate is a 15 year old boy who watches TV with the volume full blast. For some reason (they don't tell me for confidentiality reasons), Taylor is not allowed to use the bathroom in the room because he is using it. So....we have a bedside commode!! She is less than happy about that and hates using it. I am praying we do actually get moved tomorrow.

She has been throwing up for about 3 hours. The medication they gave her today for the bone marrow aspiration really made her sick this time. I also had them give her pain medication because her back always hurts so bad....that could be making her sick also. Welcome back!!! I finally have her settled down and she is watching TV (she has been awake since 6:30 am with no nap!!). So...it has been a really long day!!!

Her chemotherapy will go for 5 days this round. Most patients have a harder time with this round of treatment, but every child responds differently. Hopefully Taylor will do OK. She is already asking me "when do we get to go home???"

That is all for tonight....I am exhausted. Thank you all so much for your prayers these last 3 weeks. Please continue to pray that this round is not to terrible for Taylor.

Love,
Kristen

8 comments:

  1. So glad you started back! I really enjoyed spending time with you and the girls the other day....they are so sweet. I will come visit soon so I can get my nails done:) Continued prayers...
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristen and Taylor,

    I am continually amazed by your strength and positive attitude. I read your blog nearly everyday and I was so happy to hear that Taylor is back in the hospital getting the medication that she needs to beat this. Taylor, you are such an beautiful and strong little girl. I pray for you every night before I go to sleep. Stay strong...

    Love,
    Angela Allotta Roberts

    P.S. Kristen, I got married last weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are rock stars! BTW I still have nail polish I can't scrape off the side of my fingernails, courtesy of your twin manicurists! Love them both!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to amaze me with your strength, Kristen. I know you are tired and it has been a VERY long day. I pray on my knees that this round, though expected to be difficult, will not be. Thank you for the talk today and for letting me talk to Princess Taylor...you are a true, blue friend and an absolutely amazing person. Words cannot express the level of respect I have for you...
    Thinking about you always,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agh Home Sweet Home....let round 3 begin. I'm hoping this round isn't too tough on little princess Tay but I'm really hoping the chemo takes leukemia DOWN!!!

    You both are superstars! I'm thinking about you always and sending love your way!!!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sorry to hear about the room mate and potty situation! Hopefully you can get settled in another room where you can be more comfortable. We are praying hard that you will stop feeling sick from the medicine. You guys are in our thoughts!!!!

    -The Moering's

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are always thinking of Tay and praying for her. Hopefully, this round won't be too rough on the little trooper. We love you guys, Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear the both of you had such a hard day yesterday:( Hopefully Taylor will be move move moving to a new room where she can relax a little more. We are all so happy that treatment has re-started (even though it is so hard on princess Taylor) so she can beat the leukemia! Thinking of the whole family as always.

    Love,
    Jenn, Brad, Addy and Chase

    ReplyDelete