Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hello all - I am back at the hospital with Taylor. She has had a great couple of days. She is feeling well, eating, and the rash is gone in her eyes. The doctors have decided to go ahead and do the CT scan on Taylor's brain tomorrow morning. Her left eye continues to be a tiny bit droopy and they want be safe and make sure the leukemia has not traveled to her brain. As you can imagine, I have had no sleep worrying about this. I talked to Taylor's RN last night and she helped to calm me down. They have all assured me that they really don't think it has moved to the brain, but just want to be sure. I am still beside myself with worry. Hopefully we will know something definitive tomorrow. Please pray for no leukemia in the brain.

Right now we are still waiting for Taylor's blood levels to get to zero. Today will be her last day of "freedom." Tomorrow she will be confined to her room for the duration of this visit. I am thinking this round is going to be extra long. Taylor hasn't even hit zero and she usually stays at zero for about 2 weeks. Then it takes about 1 1/2 weeks for her to go back up.....! We are already on Day 12 of this round.....it is going to be a long one!!

Many of you have emailed or texted about visiting Taylor. Yes, she is open to visitors again. Because respiratory and flu season are starting, they have asked us to be extra careful regarding exposure to Taylor. So.....for those of our friends at work (Takeda), the doctors are concerned about you being exposed to so many germs in the doctors offices. Moving forward, if you are planning to visit Taylor, you must change your work clothes and shoes before coming to see her. I know this sounds silly but there are so many germs on your clothes and shoes from the doctor offices. For our many friends that work at CBI, they have also asked for the same paramenters. If you could please change out of the clothes and shoes you wore to school before you come visit Taylor. I know this must sound absolutely crazy to all of you......and we are sorry for any inconvenience this causes you if you visit. We are just trying to be extra careful and keep Taylor infection free. If it makes any of you feel better, Sean and Savannah have to change before coming to see Taylor also. As in the first 2 rounds, we are not having any children visit Taylor.....too risky. We really do want to continue having you all visit and again apologize for the "craziness." We thank you in advance for sticking to the recommendations of Taylor's oncologists.

Finally, I am still so very sad about our friends Donn, Audra, and Delaney Merrick. We continue to pray for all of you. Dawson is missed every moment of every day.

Have a great week.
Love,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, no matter what the loving nurses say to help ease your mind, I could only imagine the worry for tomorrow's test. We are with you every step of the way. I do have to admit, that I felt a sense of relief based on the nurses comments...I pray that they are right! No leukemia!!! I also know that Dawson's passing is weighing heavy on you...my prayers are with Dawson and his family. Kristen, my friend, I wish you rest and peace tonight.

    Hearts connected.
    xoxo
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen-
    Sean works with my husband, Mark McCluskey. I hate that I am getting to know you through Taylors blogs, but I am grateful at the same time. I want you to know how much Mark and I appreciate your updates and pictures of sweet Taylor.
    We are so very sad to hear of Dawson's passing. Mark was on Donn's softball team for the past 6 or so years. What an amazing family! I am sure that his passing has affected you deeply.
    As I have mentioned before in a post to you...you are an amazing mama. Taylor (and Sean and Savannah) are so blessed to have you in their lives. I see your strength in Taylor, and it is a beautiful thing.
    I cant imagine how difficult it is to see your baby in pain or the anxiousness of waiting for test results. Remember to take care of yourself during this process so that you are as strong as you can be for her.
    We think of you often.
    Much love-
    Cami McCluskey

    ReplyDelete