Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hello all - what a long couple of days we have had but I finally think I can say that Taylor's eyes are getting better. They are still red and bother her but she has been able to go without her sunglasses for a few hours today. She had much more energy and played alot with her roommate. The only concern at this point is her left eye is not opening up as much as her right eye. I have noticed the difference for a couple of days but it was more pronounced today. They are considering doing a CAT scan tomorrow to make sure the leukemia hasn't affected her optic nerve. They don't think this is the problem but if it is not better tomorrow, we will move forward with the CAT. They think more than likely the rash is more settled in her left eye and it is harder for her to open....please pray that is the problem. I almost fell off my chair today when they mentioned the optic nerve and leukemia.....can this week get any worse????? I feel better tonight because her eyes are getting better......

I did the radiothon today and was much more emotional that I thought I would be. I spent most of the night thinking about all the things I wanted to say and didn't get any of them out. I think that each day is so busy with Taylor that I don't give myself much time to truly think about the severity of Taylor's situation. Today as I was in the cafeteria surrounded by the volunteers, it hit me that WOW this is truly my "new" life. More importantly, it hit me that again that my daughter has leukemia.......why Taylor? I ask myself this every day....why not me????? Anyway, today was really hard. I am glad that I did the radiothon and thank everyone who was able to donate to the hospital....thank you.

Taylor and Aleeya are having a great time playing in the room right now....I will post an adorable picture of them rocking in the chair together. Because she didn't get to bed until 10:30 last night, it is time to try to get her to bed....I need peace!!!

I wanted to quickly thank my cousin, Kerri. She showed up in the cafeteria today at 4:00 to watch the radiothon. During the interview when I started getting upset, she jumped over and held my hand and provided much needed support. Thank you Kerri....I love you!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers this week and always!!

Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Kristen,
    my heart breaks everyday for Taylor, why does this stuff happen to such sweet little girls...I just don't get it. I know they say God only gives you what you can handle but come on-enough already! My wish, my prayer is that this is all over soon and Taylor will not even remember it when she is all grown up.
    I wish I could have been there for the radiothon-I'm sure you were an inspiration to all those listening. I got to say hello to Leslie and that you and Taylor were wishing her to get better, she gave me a huge smile!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete