Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Monday, September 28, 2009

Quick post as I am trying to get Taylor to bed at a normal time tonight. Not much to report for today. Her counts are still at zero so we are still waiting........

Our friend Elijah returned today to start Bone Marrow Transplant (posted a picture of him with Taylor). Elijah will be the first Downs Syndrome child to receive a Bone Marrow Transplant at Phoenix Children's Hospital. As you can imagine, his parents are extremely stressed and scared. Please add Elijah to your prayers. He has 6 days of chemo and then he will start transplant. We pray for a safe, speedy transplant for Elijah.

Still trying to figure out how to balance things since Savannah is no longer able to visit. At least before, Taylor and I would see her for an hour or two a week. Now, I will only see her on the weekends and Taylor won't see her until we go home. We miss her so much already!!

That's all for tonight....have a great week.

Love,
Kristen

3 comments:

  1. I would offer to hang out with her for a few hours one evening so you can go home and visit Savannah, but the last time I visited it took her a solid 20 minutes just to remember she loves me! Ha!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I really wish I lived or worked closer...I would love to be able to help in a useful way! I know your new reality is...well, it is just crappy. There is no denying it. You really are such an amazing person and mom, and somehow, someway the end of this cycle will come and your family will be together again at home.

    I am glad you have made some wonderful friends at PCH, hopefully together you can all help make sense of the daily craziness.

    We are always sending get well wishes for Taylor and all of her new friends.

    Sending good night hugs and kisses!
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you- I commend you for your constant updates on this blog. I know from personal experience (updating a blog about my husbands recovery) that sometimes it is difficult to figure out the words you want to use, balance between "keeping it real" and not feeling like you are a big whiner... (And also not painting a picture that things are all rosy when in fact dealing with stuff like this simply SUCKS!) haha...

    Anyway- I pray one day Taylor will read all of this, understand the roller coaster ride she/your family went on, and have a better understanding of the whole thing...

    And, for now, at least when you see/talk to people, you're on the same page... I could not stand having to give a painful update over and over and over... If people called me and had yet to read my post for the day, I would say, "read the blog and call me back- that we we can have a real conversation!"

    Long comment- sorry... Just wanted to let you know I'm checking in (even if I'm not commenting... I know a lot of people are) and thinking about you guys, and the other sweet patients you've mentioned, all the time.

    Take care,

    Nancy
    www.kulesfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete