Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 4 and it seems like Day 104!!! Taylor was very sick this morning and threw up for about an hour. Thank goodness for Zofran (nausea medication)....it is her new best friend!!! They were planning to only give Taylor the Zofran during her chemo treatments (2:00 pm - 12:00 am), but I pushed to have Zofran given every 6 hours to keep her from throwing up again. I know it is super hard on Tay-Tay to throw up, but it is so hard to watch. She is just so little and scared when she starts throwing up. So...now that she is on Zofran around the clock, I am hoping she won't be as sick. Her blood counts dropped considerably from yesterday.....the doctors ensure me that this means the chemo is working and the leukemia is dying!!!

She is starting to get back on her nap schedule....I really think this will help her. She falls asleep every day watching Cinderella.....her new favorite movie!!!

I am going to go home tomorrow to spend the day with Savannah....Grandma will be with Taylor all day. I had lunch with Savannah today and she said that she "hates her sissy being sick!". She wants mommy and sissy to come home!!

For those of you who have posted comments on the blog....thank you so much. It really helps me get through each day hearing your thoughts and prayers. Thank you also for the donations.....Sean and I are so scared about the financial side of all this and your amazing generosity helps so much.

Since I will be with Savannah tomorrow, I am not sure if I will have time to "blog". If not, I will be back on board for Thursday.

XOXOXO,
Taylor and Kristen

15 comments:

  1. Kristen your strength continues to amaze me!! My thoughts are with you guys all day. Thank you for the daily updates, I hope the Zofran helps Taylor not feel so sick. I've heard sucking on ice while having chemo treatments can help....I know Tay Tay is not a fan of the mouth juice? Just a thought...

    Tell Taylor I saw a huge rainbow this morning and thought of her...now that she is by the window maybe she'll see one too :) I visited Savannah yesterday and she held out her arms as wide as she could and said that is how much she loves sissy, mommy and daddy-that is a lot!!!

    As always if you need anything, I'm just a phone call away!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen,Sean, Taylor, and Savannah!
    We appreciate this blog and check it everyday to watch Taylor's progress, thank you.
    I went to my yoga practice yesterday, and my teacher asked us to each choose a mantra to dedicate our practice to for the day. Taylor came to my mind immediately & I dedicated my practice to her, focusing on strength and the body's ability to overcome obstacles. I know it sounds kind of silly, but it's just one way we are not only thinking of her, but also praying for her.
    Have a beautiful day with Savannah, and we will continue to support you and your family.
    Always,
    Shauna, Gustavo, (and Santo!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen. Thank you for letting me know what Taylor and your family have been going through (your email was the first time I heard that Taylor was battling health issues). My wife (Tracy) and I are praying for Taylors recovery. I can only imagine how hard this is for all of you. Your strength is amazing and I know that through your strength Taylor and all those around you become stronger. If you need anything, please dont hesitate to call.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    Paul Dajic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristen, Please know that your precious Taylor is in our every thought and prayer. My heart aches for you and your family and I know and believe from the bottom of my heart that miracles and remission will be prayed for every day for as long as they are needed. I am sure that everyone says they want to help your amazing family...and please know, that we are no exception, and accept the help, the support and anything at all you need. Please never feel like you cannot call me for anything at all...I mean ANYTHING! So lovingly, Kristina Bradley and fam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your family and your precious little Angel. We don't know you however we want let you know we will be praying and helping however we can. Kristina is one of my closest friends and she shared your blog with our family to help pray. A big squish from one momma to another, we are here to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen,
    Shelly and I continue to pray for a speedy and successful treatment. Taylor is a brave little girl and we're proud of her. It just sickens us to know she's dealing with such an ordeal. We're all here to support you and your family in any way we can and I hope to talk to you and visit Taylor soon. In the meantime, know that we and so many others are here for you, Sean Taylor and Savanah.
    Love,
    David and Shelly Bredemeyer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah-
    I am so sorry for your news about Taylor. Words can not express how sorry I am for your family. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Taylor is one brave little girl and am so glad to hear the Zofran is helping her tummy. Kristen, make sure you take care of yourself cuz Taylor needs her Mommy healthy. Thanks for the daily updates and please know I am here to help with anything.
    With Love,
    Jennifer & Jeff Conrad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristen, it's Kelsey. It sounds like you have a very strong, tough daughter. She must get that from her mom. I know she couldn't better in better hands with you there! Taylor is in my families prayers every morning and every night. Tell Taylor when the time is right I have some Cinderella gifts waiting to bring down. Stay strong!

    With love to you and your family,

    Kelsey and Tammy VandenEynden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kristen, it's Sheri. I'm just going to come right out with the hard-hitting question: Is Sean doing a good job with Savannah's hair every morning? If so, I'm bringing Brynn by tomorrow morning. Hers is starting to look a little unkempt. Sorry, someone had to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kris, I am thinking of you all everyday and praying for Taylor's remission and recovery. I can only imagine what these days are like for you and hope you find the strength and faith required to overcome the challenges each day brings. May you find peace and serenity in the love that surrounds you.

    Love Julie Romano and Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristen,

    Kristen,
    Thank you so much for sending out Taylor's story. Please know that we are all praying for her and for your family. You are an amazingly strong woman, I'm sure that that same strength is in your sweet daughter. Please know you are constantly in my family's thoughts and in our daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen, Sean, Taylor & Savannah,
    I think of you guys daily and pray that Taylor gets better soon. Thanks for the updates. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. I wish I was closer to help. Love, Becky & Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah,

    I am so sorry to hear about little Miss Taylor! I think of you guys daily and know that you all will find the strength to get thru all of this!

    I so appreciate you posting updates on the blog! I check it everyday to see how little Miss Taylor is doing! I'm so glad that she has medicine to make her little tummy feel better!

    I live about 5 minutes away from you guys...so if you need anything, please please let me know!

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

    All my love,

    Lindy Wilkes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah,

    We just found out about little Taylor's health issues at Moda Fina Jewelers and will keep her and the whole Sousa family in our prayers. Although this will be a very difficult time for all of you to go through, cling to each other and look to God for strength and encouragement for each day. We are in the planning stages creating a special event that will benefit Taylor and your family. Much love from the Moda Fina Family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tailor, Savanna, Kristen and Sean

    You are in my Thoughts and prayers every day. I read the blog daily and I am inspired by your strength. I just wish that Tailor will get better soon.

    Miss Esty

    ReplyDelete