Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chemo is officialy finished!!! Yeah!!! Taylor had a great morning. She slept in a little bit this morning and played with her adorable roommate Elijah on the floor today. Her rommmate is a 2 year Down Syndrome child with AML also. He is one of the cutest babies I have ever met. Since we have been here I have taught him to blow kisses and he does it all the time now. He and Taylor are BFF's and his Mom and I have gotten really close. As I am in the hospital feeling sorry for myself, I think of Brandi, my roommate, who has 4 other children at home. Both of the parents are unemployed and most likely will lose their house in the next couple of months.....so, I have much to be thankful for!!!

Taylor is starting to act like she is coming down with a cold, so keep your fingers crossed that does not happen. The RN's have said that even a minor cold will land us in the ICU for a week or two!!!!

Savannah went back to camp today and had a great time. She will be tested on Thursday to determine if she is a bone marrow match for Taylor. Poor Savannah will have to have a blood test for this....I feel so bad for her. There is about a 25% chance she will be a match and the results will take about a week to come back.

I received a beautiful gift today. Moda Fina sent over a necklace with my "Taylor charms." I love it and can't thank the Moda Fina family enought for the necklace and for doing this for my family.....thank you!!!!

Trying to get Taylor to bed tonight before 10:00. I would love to be able to watch something on TV other than Cinderalla or Dora the Explorer!!

Have a great night.

Love, T & K

4 comments:

  1. hi, souza family, so glad that taylor had a good morning. also, so glad to hear that you have bonded with your roommate. keeping taylor in my prayers that she stays infection free; and, that savannah's blood tests go well. sending lots of positive energy your way from tucson, lisa kebo,takeda

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA-round 1 down and behind you! Taylor is being SO brave! I'm glad she got a little extra sleep this am, hopefully she goes to bed early toinght and you can catch a reality show :) I love that Tay Tay has a BFF, he sounds so darling!!!
    I'm hoping Tay is not catching anything!!!
    Love you all,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Souza Family,

    My heart breaks for what your are having to endure as a family. If Taylor is anything like her mommy-as I am quite sure she is-she will overcome every obstacle presented with such strength and grace. Your family will be in my prayers.

    Warmest regards,
    Helen Kale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen & family -

    We are so sad that Taylor and your family is going through this. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We will plan on coming by once Taylor is taking visitors again. Sarah was happy to see Savannah at school today and had lots of fun playing with her.
    Brandy, Stuart, Caroline & Sarah

    ReplyDelete