Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 5 - Having the Zofran going around the clock is helping Taylor so much with the nauseau. She had a fun day with Grandma today....they did crafts most of the day. Her blood counts have gotten really low. Her white blood count is at zero which means that she is at a super high risk of infection right now. She still hasn't needed another transfusion...yeah!!! The doctors have told me that the next 5 days of chemo are going to be rough....she will get pretty sick!!! After the last dose of chemo is when she could feel the worst. Many children have to be give pain medication because their bodies are in so much pain....I am keeping my fingers crossed that Taylor is not one of these children!!!!

I spent the day with Savannah. We went to the gym....Savannah wanted to do crafts in gym daycare and go swimming with Mommy. I went upstairs to work out and after about 10 minutes here came Savannah with one of the girls from daycare....she was missing Mommy to much.....which was fine with me. So....went had fun swimming and had lunch. We ran a few errands and came back to see Tay-Tay.....Savannah kept telling me to drive faster to the hospital...she wanted to see "sissy".

As we were driving down, I talked to my mom and was informed that we were moving to our 3rd new room at the hospital in 5 days. As you can imagine, I was not pleased. Long story short.....it took a lot of time to get her moved, but her room is bigger and nicer, so we are happy. It seems weird to me that the hospital moves patients that are going to be in for 6 weeks, but I guess they do!!!!

I again want to thank everyone for your comments....they truly keep me going!! I can't wait to read them every day. I also want to apologize to everyone for not getting thank you notes out for the amazing gifts we have received. I am normally really good at getting them out, but I can promise everyone that is won't happen this time....sorry! We truly do appreciate all the gifts for Taylor and Savannah......I hope that is thanks enough!!!!

My friend Sheri (the blog creator) posted a comment today that made me laugh....she asked how Savannah's hair looked now that Daddy was doing it.....well.....it is better than I thought!! Sean is doing a great job with Savannah...she looks adorable every day (not as cute as when Miss Marcy does her hair, but it is hard to compete with Miss Marcy!!!)

I hope you all had a great day.....Taylor is still awake at 10:15 at night so I will sign off and see if I can get her to bed.

XOXOXO
Taylor and Kristen

21 comments:

  1. Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah-

    Your family is in our thoughts and prayers each day. We know deep in our hearts that this is an obstacle of life that you will surely overcome! Your family has always been there for everyone so please now embrace the support and help from all that love you so much.

    Kristen, last month you stated that Taylor wanted to change the baby's diaper once it arrived. So please let her know that baby Chase is now here and awaiting a "diaper changing" visit to the hospital once things slow down and she feels up to the dirty task:)

    All our love,
    Jenn Cordelli and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you so much as consider sending out thank you cards I will mount a "return to sender" campaign. I will start a whole other blog titled "Return to Souza Sender"! I'll do it!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had some mommy time with Savannah today. We are all praying for Taylor, we will kick into overdrive these next five days.

    Love you,

    Cindy, Glen and the Moering Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our love and support pours out to you over the miles. Wish we could take away the pain for Taylor. So glad the medicine helps her tummy. So tough on such a little princess. Sounds like Miss Savannah has a great day with mommy. May the love and support you feel be sustaining over the next several months. See you soon. Love you all.....

    G'ma Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are praying for Mommy and Daddy to be strong, Savannah to find a new normalcy, and Taylor to kick butt!! Please feel my cyber-hug!
    Love,
    Nicole and the Jenkins family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kristen,

    We haven't talked in a little while, but I feel close to you now. When my good friend Angela's son was diagnosed with AML, it changed our lives forever. The diagnosis brought out the best in all who knew Angela, and even those you didn't know her directly.
    I know it's early in Taylor's journey, but I hear the same tone of courage and bravery in your words that I heard from Angela when her Trevor took on one round of chemotherapy after the next.
    Please know that I will keep you, Taylor, and your family close to my heart every moment of every day.

    Love, Chris Woolsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean & Kristen, Taylor & your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily.

    Matt Milinovich & Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are with Taylor and your family.

    Kelly Meltzer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen-you are SO thoughtful, only you would be thinking of thank you notes right now!!! My fingers and toes are crossed that the next 5 days are not hard on Taylor. I have to say you and Sean have the most amazing network of friends and family! They ALL will do anything to help you all through this....so you can focus on keeping up your strength & your health so you can be there helping Taylor kick this Leukemia's butt!!!
    Hugs to you and Taylor!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the Souza family;

    All of us here at Moda Fina were shocked at the news of little Taylor. We wracked our
    brains about what we could do to help financially. So....here is what we are doing:

    We are in the process of custom making 3 kinds of specific charms (to be worn as a pendant or as a bracelet charm) that we will offer to each customer that comes in as well as sending a note to all our own personal contacts telling them about the Souza family.

    We will sell the charms here at Moda Fina. We will take phone orders (800-553-3138) and can ship out of state if needed. THE BEST PART IS, THAT ALL THE PROCEEDS from the charm sales will go to the you, the Souza family.

    We are so honored to be part of the "Souza team" of supporters and hope that many will be wearing what we call the "Taylor Charms."

    Sheri also said as soon as we have pictures she will put them up on the website!

    We so enjoy hearing how little Taylor is doing each day and hope that she can feel the love from all of us here & especially from Uri & Melinda Shemesh (owners of Moda Fina)

    Our Love, Moda Fina Jewelers
    Orly, Steven, Alicia, Kelly & penny

    I have put little Taylor's picture as my desktop so I can remember to lift her up in prayer all day. Without even knowing her, she has become as special to me as one of my own grandchildren. penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristen,

    We haven't had the chance to talk in awhile but I heard about Taylor and wanted to let you know that you are all in our prayers, we send our love and we hope that your angel is well again soon!

    Julie Rillo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen and Sean - Our family's heart absolutely aches for you, Taylor and Savannah. This is not something any family should ever have to endure but your strength and courage are an inspiration to everyone! We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Please know that my family is here to help your family in any way possible. Taylor is such as strong and brave little girl. She will beat this! Sending hugs,

    Julie Eggler

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristen,
    You, Taylor, and the rest of your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Even though you don't know me, I am a friend of a friend and I want you to know that the blog world is getting news of Taylor out there and LOTS of people are praying. Keep up the hard work, mama, I'm thinking of you.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kristen,
    Just wanted you to know I think about your family everyday. Brooklyn and I say a prayer for Taylor every night before we go to sleep.
    xoxo,
    Kristy Vigesaa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah~ We are thinking about you guys all day, every day~ Miss Marcy gives us reports daily and we are sending you love! If you ever want me to bring in lunch for you guys, please let me know, the hospital is right in my territory!

    Best wishes,
    Amy Neiss (Miss Marcy's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tom Margie and CarmenJune 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM

    Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Sanvanah,
    Just wanted you guys to know that we are thinking about you. We read the blog daily with high hopes. The strength that you all display is an inspiration. It sounds like Tay-Tay is being a trooper and Savannah is being a strong loving sister. The Souza family is in our every prayer, and if there is anything that we can help with, please don't hesitate to aks.

    Best Wishes and Lots of Love,
    Tom Margie and Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristen, Sean, Taylor, and Savannah,

    I just wanted you all to know i'm thinking about you all everyday. Taylor I miss talking about our outfits and what colors they are. Maybe one day when Mom says its ok I can come visit and we can both wear Black and Pink! the best colors. All my Love, Miss Emily

    ReplyDelete
  18. I heard about your blog from Sheri, and I wanted to tell you that your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for so bravely updating everyone about Taylor's condition- I too kept up a blog during a family members hospital stay, and found it to be therapeutic to get everything down "on paper". Good luck with everything... we'll keep checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOK UP!! To the Lord. "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13
    I wish I was closer so that I could help with your housework and odds and ends. I am so happy there is this blog. I can keep up on Taylor's progress. My prayers are with you.
    Donna Logan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kristen,
    All I can say is that I am really focusing all of my prayers on Taylor, Savannah, Sean and you and I will continue to do so for as long as you need them. As a nurse, I used to watch families endure the hardships that you are facing and it always amazed me as to the strength that prevailed. It sounds like you have a great support system, and that is imperative. Please know that like everyone else within your Takeda family, I will be here for you in whatever capacity you need. I will research anything for you from a medical perspective and I still have some connections to The Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh that I would be more than happy to tap into if you need. I know that you have people telling you many different things about Taylor's reaction to her treatment, but remember, every child is different and staying "positive" will go a long way in her recovery. Children are tremendously resilient. Don't forget to take care of yourself and let me know if you need ANYTHING!
    Alisa Zimmel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kristen-

    I have been trying to wait to contact you because I know you are bombarded with support. I am really aching to come see Tay Tay, but I want to wait until you feel like it is a good time. I don't have your personal email address and I don't know if you are checking your work email. Please let me know when I can come and visit with you guys.

    Love
    Lori Tremeroli

    ReplyDelete