Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hello all - First, thank you SO much to Sheri Granger for setting up this blog. It is amazing and I can't thank her enough for her help!! Sheri - you are the best.

To all who have donated and posted comments, your kindness is amazing and your support is very much appreciated. Having so many friends and family caring about us is going to make this horrific ordeal much more bearable!!! Thank you all for the many gifts, food, and cards we have received.

Taylor started her first 10 day dose of chemotherapy today. So far she hasn't gotten sick. She is being a "princess" and amazing me every moment by her strength. She is in a little pain from a lumbar puncture from yesterday but hanging in there. She will be receiving her first blood transfusion at midnight tonight.....we pray for the best with this.

I will do my best to update the blog every day or so. For those of you who have called or texted, I apologize for not getting back to everyone.....things are just so busy!!! Your calls and texts make my day so much brighter....thank you all.

Keep praying for us!!

Love,
Kristen and Taylor

10 comments:

  1. dear taylor,

    tonight before i fell asleep i asked god out loud to make you better soon because i miss and love you.

    your best friend,

    brynn sheckell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,

    Mom just told me the news. I'm so sorry that litle Taylor has such a fight so early in life. You know if you need anything at all you just have to ask and I'll be there.

    If there is any need for blood transfusions for Taylor it would be nice to know her blood type. Perhaps there are matching donors who read this blog.

    Best wishes
    cousin Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen,

    Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you, especially Taylor. Taylor is a strong, wonderful and precious angel. We know she will win this fight, please let me know if there is anything at all we can do for you. Sending our Love from Canada,
    Keryn, Lola and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen and Taylor,

    My thoughts and prayers are with you always, and I know that you are both so strong that you will overcome this obstacle very soon!

    Love always,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,

    I am so sorry to hear this about Taylor. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am expecting a miracle for a full recovery. If there is anything that Sean or I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

    Taylor, continue to be strong and know that you have so many people who love you!

    Heather Atendido

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor,
    Kylee misses you already! We love you so much and will visit you everyday.
    Love Aaron, Aunt Betty, Kylee, and "Baby" Chloe
    Kristen,
    You know that I am here for you. Please let me know whatever you need. We love you all like you are family, even Harley too:) I'll see you soon.
    xoxo, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Taylor,

    I'm not sure if you remember me, but I am a good friend of Jessica's and I've met you & your sister at her house several times now!! You guys were the best pumpkin carvers and cookie decorators that I've seen in a long time :o) I am sorry to hear that you have to undergo all this treatment, but I know you are a strong girl and will get through this! It's obvious that you have such a loving family and many friends who love & care about you!! Good luck!

    Kristen,

    Please let me know if there's anything I can do help, like Jess mentioned we can help w/babysitting, running errands for you, bringing food etc....you name and we're there! My heart goes out to you & your family and wish you all the best!

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taylor,
    You might not remember me, but you and Savannah came to help me feed my horse, Secret. Well, she had a baby a couple of months ago and little Callysta is looking forward to having you and your sister come and play with her.

    My prayers are with you and just know that there is an angel watching over you because you are such a precious little girl. Get well soon.

    Carole Eisner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin & Taylor

    I want to share a statement I found: "What is God?" - He is Length, Width, Height, and Depth." by: Saint Bernard of Clairvaux. Kristin you our viewed as a strength in so many peoples lives that Taylor will be reasured in having you by her side through this trying time. Yet you both will get through it together and in the end your depth of understanding and relationship with each other and God will only grow. My family and I will pray daily for you. Love MT (Mark and Karen Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  10. We saw Taylor today and she is doing great. She looks terrific and was happy, playing with her toys and fighting with Savannah!!! We look forward to seeing her again...
    Gina and Dylan

    ReplyDelete