Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello friends - Day 3 of chemotherapy just started! We start around 2:00 every day and the chemo runs until about midnight!!! Taylor had a good morning - she was feeling well and had a great visit from Savannah and numerous friends.

Savannah is really starting to show signs of being overwhelmed with "sissy's" disease. She is having a hard time leaving mommy when Miss Marcy brings her to the hospital. She wants Tay-Tay to come home. I am planning on spending the day with Savannah on Wednesday......Grandma will be with Taylor. Thank you ALL so much for the numerous presents for Savannah. I really appreciate everyone thinking of Savannah also and making her feel special.

Taylor's blood counts are dropped very quickly. Her WBC are very low and she is close to being transfused again. With that being said.....the doctors have recommended that Taylor have a couple of VERY quiet days without visitors. She is now confined to her room until her blood counts go back up. So....I am sorry but will stick with the doctors and ask that no one visits Tuesday or Wednesday. I am also trying really hard to get Taylor to rest a little bit more. The past couple of days have been so crazy and she hasn't taken a nap or been to bed before 10:00pm. So....moving forward, Taylor and I ask that she has no visitors between 1:00 and 3:00 or after 6:30. Please know it is not that we don't want everyone to come down, WE DO!!!! Taylor, Sean and I are so blessed to have so many friends and we appreciate ALL of the many visits and gifts that we have gotten. It is just now time for Taylor to get into a schedule in the hospital. Keep in mind......we will be doing this for 8 - 10 months!!

Thank you all again for the prayers and well wishes. We all love you and appreciate everything that you are doing!!

XOXO,
Taylor and Kristen

15 comments:

  1. Kristen, thank you so much for the informative post! I was wondering how Savannah was coping and even though I don't know much about chemo I was curious how quickly WBC count would be affected, so thanks for filling us in! I think about you guys every waking second and I've already been looking forward to your daily updates. Hugs :)

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    You continue to amaze me! Thank you for taking the time to post updates and allowing us all to take this journey with you! Tay Tay, I miss talking to you on the phone...I can't wait until we can talk again! Stay tough little lady and keep reading your favorite book, "Always and Everywhere". We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, You know Papa is very sad about your illness and wish I could do more for you. Please be brave and tough and get lots of rest. I will see you soon.
    Kristen, Just went thru this blog and it is a great way to keep us all informed. Please let me know when you want me there. Being available for you and Taylor, Sean and Savannah are my first priority. Love, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Souza family, I am one of Sean's district teammates in Tucson. Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking of you; and, keeping Taylor and your entire family in my prayers. Wishing you lots of strength, health, and love. Lisa Kebo, Takeda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen and Sean,
    This is a beautiful blog and a great idea. I thinking of you all alot and know that I'm here for your family. I imagine things are busy to say the least so I look forward to seeing you both and the girls when the time is right. Talk soon.
    Sincerely,
    Chris S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kristen,Sean,Taylor and Savannah,
    We want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. We know that Taylor will come through this ordeal with flying colors!
    We will be reading the blog daily so we can keep up with what is happening. Please do not hesitate to call if we can help you in any way.
    Love,Dr.Wall and Robbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah,
    I was so saddened when I read Sean's message in my work e-mail tonight. Our family will be praying for Taylor's strength and recovery everyday! We are also going to add her name to the prayer list at our church. We will also be praying for Kristen and Sean's strength, as the months ahead will be difficult. Take Care and we will visit Taylor's blog daily and look forward to hearing about her progress!!!

    Liz Olmstead(Pueblo,CO)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen, Sean, Taylor & Savannah,
    I think of you all the time and look forward to your blog updates. It sounds like Taylor is being the brave,strong girl we know she is. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... you are amazing!
    Nathan and Savannah played really well at your 10 yr celebration. So I can bring him up to play any weekend.
    I plan to be here for your family every step of this journey!
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Taylor,
    I hope your belly is feeling better today. You are such a big girl and doing such a GOOD JOB! Nathan wants to do things to "make you happy". So his preschool class made some art for your wall. I'll either bring it to the hospital or give it to mommy and daddy so they can hang it up for you.
    Love,
    Laurie (Nathan and baby Allison's mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah,

    We were saddened to hear the news and we want you all to know that our thoughs and prayers are with all of you at this difficult time. Savannah will have to come over for a play date with Miss Hailey and Brynn will come over too. Kristen both yourself and Sean are remarkable and brave, both of your girls are so fortunate to have both as parents. Taylor is a SUPER STAR and will conquer this! We love you and are thinking of you all daily. Love, Elisa, Jonathan, and Hailey pinkus

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristen & Sean,
    You have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard last week. This blog is a great way for us to communicate with you, to let you know how much we care and support you - thank you for keeping us in the know. Your courage is amazing! I hope that I can do more for you and your family in the future, but know that for now, my prayers are yours. Judy Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristen, Sean, Taylor, and Savannah,
    Just wanted to send you a little note telling you that we are reading the blog and keeping you in our thoughts Hope we can come visit you soon! Sending you lots of love!

    Miss Samantha and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kristen, I think I finally figured out how to use this blog, I'm computer illiterate totally. When Ron and I found out from Theresa last wk. we were so upset. We want you to know our thoughts and prayers are with you AND I want you to know and I mean it if there is anything I can do for you I will be there for you, If you need a sitter for Savanannah or your house cleaned or what ever PLEASE LET ME KNOW. You were so helpful in getting us thru our ordeal with Ronnie we want to repay in some way.
    Kristin you are a strong woman and I know Taylor will use your strength to pull thru this. We will light a candle for all of you tomorrow. You are in our thougts and prayers all day. I will check your blog for updates.
    We love you and God please shine your light on this fmily .
    Love Ron and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Souza family,
    very sorry to hear the news of little Taylor. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and your family during this tough time. May God bless Taylor with a speedy recovery. Stay strong for your little sunshine!
    Schaffner Family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristen and Sean,
    I really hope that Taylor feels better! If you guys ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask!!! :) We say prayers for Taylor every minute of the day!! Please tell Taylor we REALLY hope that she gets better!!!!
    Love,
    Talia

    ReplyDelete