Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I can't believe it is July 1!!! Today is definitely not one of Taylor's good days. She is feeling absolutely crappy. She (we) did not sleep well. All she has wants to do today is watch movies, do a few crafts, and has been sleeping since about 12:45. Her oncologist just came by and said this is to be expected. Her blood counts are so low.....she explained that Taylor probably feels like "she has been run over"!! I feel so bad for my poor Tay-Tay. I wish it were me instead of her.

Today is not one of my best days either. Taylor doesn't know this but when I brushed her hair this morning, I noticed it is starting to really thin out. There was TONS of hair in the brush and even a few long strands hanging down. I know that in the big picture of things, Taylor losing her hair is not a big deal....but it is a big deal to a mom!!!! It makes me so sad. I know that Taylor is beautiful with or with out hair but know that having no hair is going to be really scary to her!!! I keep telling myself that this means the chemo is working and she is on her way to better health.....but, it is hard to see!!!

That is all for today.....going to sit outside for a few minutes while she is sleeping. I need some fresh air!!! Who would have ever thought that I would want to be outside in July!!!!

Take care,
Kristen and Taylor

11 comments:

  1. Kristen and Taylor...it has been an amazing and heartwrenching experience reading your updates. The daily small victories you have as a family mean the world. We are all rooting for Taylor and the rest of the Souza family. Thank you for keeping us informed and keep up the good fight. Love, Brannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen- I just want to tell you how proud I am of you. I can't imagine what you are going though as a mom. Please tell Taylor that so many people are thinking about her. Even those who have never met her. She has made such an impression on me and so many of my friends. Also, I can't wait to get my Taylor charms.

    Heather Atendido

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart has been touched tonight after reading your posts. I cannot imagine finding the strength to deal with something like this, but it seems that you have done it. Taylor is lucky to have a family like she does. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
    Always believe.
    Michelle McGee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristen,

    I know I have only met you a couple of times through work, but I wanted to extend my well wishes to Taylor and positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I have always known how strong and giving you are and I know that will shine in this tough time. Please know that you have my support now and in the future:) Hugs to Taylor!! Rachel Lundman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kristen and Taylor,

    I am so glad to be able to read this blog and know how Taylor is progressing. I was so heartbroken when I heard that she had AML. I cried for an hour. She is so precious and she and Ari were good little friends in the Monkey class, along with Savannah. I have been out of the internet world for a couple of weeks because we moved, but I want you to know your whole family has been in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know when you can have visitors. I would love to come give you both a big hug. Keep being strong Kristen, I can tell you are. Taylor is blessed to have a Mom like you by her side.

    Hugs,
    Sheri Ratihn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen,
    Not a day goes by that I am not thinking about you and your family. I have everyone that I know praying for a speedy recovery for Taylor and continued strength for her mommy. You are an amazing person and I am so sorry that you are going through this difficult trial, but I know that you, Sean, Taylor, and Savannah will persevere.
    Love always,
    Angela Allotta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen,

    I am so glad you're being honest with yourself about how upsetting it is to you that she's starting to lose her hair. No doubt you will both be used to it in good time, but right now it's just one more thing to deal with. I'm glad you're not in denial about it. It sucks. I don't really think that word can be used enough times throughout this blog. It just sucks.

    You know what doesn't suck? Me coming to visit you! Hope to see you next week when we get the all clear. I miss you!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you all. You are all in our thoughts. We are so sorry that you are going through this. Please keep us posted and thank you for sharing with us. Anthony, Sarah, Beckham

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there,
    I kept hoping that Taylor would be in that very small percent that doesn't have the mean side effects of Chemo. I know deep down it does mean that the chemo is kicking cancers butt and helping Tay get better, it just doesn't make it any easier for Taylor, you and everyone that loves her. She is so young to have be going thru all of this and as a mom I can't imagine how hard it must be. Taylor is SO much like you Kristen, I know she'll get thru this.Stay strong my friend....hugs!
    XOXO
    Jess
    ps. Sean I'm very impressed w/ your Mr. Mom skills..2 dinners for Savannh-check, laundry-check, clean house-check, even a grocery list WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning,
    Thanks for sharing how you are feeling...I can't imagine! All I can say is stay strong and focus on the finish line! Hopefully these yucky side effects mean how well the chemo is working. "Take that cancer!"
    Since I can't come in for a visit right now, I am sending virtual hugs to you all! Taylor will beat this!
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sean and Kristen, I have just joined the blog, sorry i'm late. The Griswolds wanted to encourage you, Eva is strong and healthy and we remember the days when we didn't know that would be true. We will remember all of you in our proayers. My heart is heavy but my hope is high. God bless you, Alan, Susan, Eva, Abel and Ivy Grace.

    ReplyDelete