Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another post for tonight unrelated to Taylor. I just came up from the ER at PCH. Unfortunately, I was with my good friend Athena and her daughter Aleeya. As many of you know, Aleeya has been Taylor's roommate and BFF since she was diagnosed with Leukemia. Aleeya finished all of her rounds of chemotherapy about 2 weeks ago. Her parents brought her in tonight with a fever around 104. After 2 doses of Tylenol, her fever still hasn't broken. They are thinking she might have an infection in her Central line. She is being admitted to ICU as I type. Please, please pray for her. Her mom is very scared and Aleeya is very sick. She needs all of our prayers right now.

Have I mentioned lately how much I DESPISE all of this. When is it going to get better????

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen! I'm so sorry! You are dealing with so much stuff. Everything with Princess Taylor is enough, but I hate that you have to worry about her friends too! :( I hope they can get Aleeya's infection figured out and under control. We will definitely have your family, Aleeya's family and Elijah's family in our thoughts and prayers.

    You've got to catch a break sometime. Stay strong! Taylor is one lucky little girl to have you and Sean as her parents! :) I hope you can get some rest. You need to take good care of yourself in order to take care of Taylor.

    Prayers are on overdrive at our house.

    Liz-Takeda, CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of prayers for all. lisa kebo, takeda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - I have been praying for Aleeya, but I will certainly step it up! As always I am praying for Taylor, you and your family. Try to take care of yourself also. Keep hope and faith alive too.
    Blessings to all of you,
    Karen DeWitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sucks eggs!

    Please keep us posted on Aleeya.

    It was so great to talk to Taylor yesterday. I know she doesn't love the phone so listening to her and Brynn have a brief conversation was pretty dang cute! I'll see you at the end of next week, after our 7 day quarantine from the H1N1 nasal mist wears off. Looking forward to seeing all y'all! Let me know about helping with Savannah's drop-offs or pick-ups :)

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete