Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, October 16, 2009




TGIF!! I hope you had a great Friday. Taylor is feeling so much better. She still has a cough but other than that, her flu symptoms seem to be almost gone. I guess getting the Tamiflu in her so early really helped!!! She has a bug bite on her leg that is a little concerning. Almost her entire calf is red and warm to the touch from this bug bite. I called the clinic today and they told me to outline the red area in pen and see if in the morning the area has grown. I also gave her Benadryl tonight. If the area is bigger, I have to call in and she will most likely need to be taken into the ER for IV antibiotics....so much fun!! When Taylor first got diagnosed with leukemia, she had a bug bite on her arm that got extremely infected and required 10 days worth of antibiotics. So....hopefully this will not be the case with the current bug bite!!!
Taylor and Savannah got a big present from Mommy and Daddy today. They got "big girl bikes!!" They were so excited and couldn't wait to ride them. I have attached a picture of them......so cute!!!
I hope you all have a great weekend. I will post more later this weekend.
Love,
Kristen

7 comments:

  1. Yeah "big girl bikes"!!!! That is soooooooo exciting! Let me know if they can actually ride them, Nate got one for his birthday and he stinks at it- ha, ha!

    We are sending "bug bite BE GONE" vibes your way.

    The photos are precious! I hope the girls are having a blast together this weekend!

    All our love,
    Laurie T and crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-those bikes look like so much fun! What a fun day-glad to hear spirits where high!

    Shauna & Gustavo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~
    The bikes are soooo super cool! They look so grown up on those BIG GIRL bikes! Wow! Glad to hear Taylor is feeling good!

    xoxo,
    Amy Neiss & family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great big girl bikes!!!
    Love,
    The Mahers

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! Those bikes are so adorable...I love how Taylor is just chillin'. :) Glad to read that her flu symptoms are subsiding...Whew!! Wish you a very restful weekend my friend.
    xoxo
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen,
    One more thing...if you get a chance, please cut and paste this address into your browser. Every time I hear this song, I think you of you and Taylor. It is perfect!
    Love,
    Suzy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNprlUpq69w&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! I love your girl's new bikes!!!! they are adorable!!!! I wish I had a cool bike like that girls!!! I really hope the tamiflu goes away!!! love ya!!!! Talia

    ReplyDelete