Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today was a long day. Taylor ended up back in the outpatient oncology clinic today after she threw up her dose of Tamiflu and was refusing to drink any water. When I finally syringed water into her mouth, she threw that up also. So.....we went back to the clinic. The flu seems to have hit Taylor harder than some of her rounds of chemo. She is absolutely wiped out. I have never seen her this lethargic. She only wants me to hold her or lay down with her. She would not eat or drink anything. After being in the clinic for 5 hours, she seems to feel a little better. She was pretty dehydrated so they can her a ton of fluids. They also gave her nausea medication. She finally agreed to try another dose of her Tamiflu and she hasn't thrown it up yet. She ate a tiny bit of dinner and a couple sips of water. So.....hopefully the worst is behind us.....this really stinks!! I just feel so bad for her.....

Two bits of good news. First, they called from Make-A-Wish tonight and Taylor's "wish" to go to DisneyWorld and sleep in a Princess room was accepted and officially granted. Because of her treatment protocol and compromised immune system, we probably won't be able to go until this time next year. But....she and Savannah are so excited!!! Second, our friend Aleeya is officially done with her last round of treatment. She got out of the hospital yesterday and is back at home. Please, please, please pray for continued remission for Aleeya.

That is all for tonight....I am exhausted and going to bed! Please pray for Taylor to kick this flu and feel better. We really need to get back in and start treatment again.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for Taylor to feel much better soon! See you guys next week!
    Allie Goldstein (2nd floor PCT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kristen...I am so sorry this happened. I pray that she feels better tomorrow and you can get her back in the hospital as soon as possible. My friend, you just amaze me...you have been through so much in these past four months and you continue to stay strong for your daughter. There is no doubt you are exhausted...we all love you and pray for Taylor and your family every day. I wish I could be there to give you a hug, but since I can't, I will send it through my words...

    You are an amazing mother and friend. I hope for a restful night for all of you and a better day for Tay tomorrow.

    xoxo
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just returned home an hour ago from our trip. I have been without access to a computer since Sat night and the first thing I saw was the Arizona Republic article! I know the article was bittersweet, but I have to tell you that the photos were lovely! Seeing those pictures and reading the article made me miss you guys so much more. Kristen, I am sure it is surreal what your new life has become. Please know that although we will never be able to explain why this is happening; Taylor is getting the best support, love and strength from her truely amazing mother!!!!!!
    I hope Taylor is feeling better and regaining her energy. Get some much needed rest and I hope to visit with you all soon!

    With much love,
    Laurie T and crew!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete