Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, October 30, 2009

Quick post tonight as I have a splitting headache!! Taylor was not feeling well for most of the day. She threw up her dose of Tamiflu this morning and would not eat anything. Her lungs are still clear and have no evidence of pneumonia. She finally agreed to try a banana after I threatened her (I hate doing this!!) with them putting a tube down her nose. This seemed to work because she did eat almost a whole banana....yeah!!! She was very lethargic for most of the day but seemed to get a little energy late afternoon. She did a couple of puzzles and practiced writing her name. She ended up eating a small piece of pizza tonight.....yeah!!! She says she feels better but is just tired and coughing a ton. She didn't get much sleep last night from all of her coughing. So....she is watching a movie and is almost asleep.

Her blood counts are dropping quickly. I never thought I would be excited about this but I am....the sooner her counts get to zero, the sooner she comes back up!!!! I am hoping she will be at zero by early next week.

I am hoping the worst of the flu is over and she will feel better tomorrow and start eating. They have agreed to hold off on a NG (tube down her nose to give food) for a couple of days. I really don't want her to go through this. As long as she eats a little bit each day, I think she will be safe!! Let's hope!!

I am going home tomorrow afternoon to spend some time with Savannah on Halloween. I will post again when I get back.

Happy Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is "keep your eye on the prize". I read your posts everyday and can't believe what keeps happening! I love you all and pray for better days!

    Enjoy your time w/ Savannah!
    Love, hugs, and strength to keep pushing on!
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI TAY AND KRISTEN,
    ON MONDAY ITS MY BIRTHDAY I REALLY GLAD THAT TAY STATED TO EAT. HOPE THAT SHE CONTINUES TO FEEL BETTER!
    LOVE,
    CARLY
    PS: I AM STILL PRAYING FOR HER EVERY STEP OF THE WAY THREW THIS ROUND!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
    WE LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU!!HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A BETTER NIGHT!

    ReplyDelete