Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today has truly been a VERY long, crazy day. Taylor and I went to the outpatient clinic at 1:30 today. After being seen by her Oncologist, we were sent over for admission for Round 4. Because Taylor is still coughing (from the Influenza), we have been admitted to the 3rd floor, not her usual 2nd floor. This was very upsetting to Taylor. When we found out she was going to be admitted, all Taylor could talk about was seeing all of her favorite nurses. Even though she kept begging me to let her stay home and not come back in, she was excited to see her friends at PCH. She got a new pair of jeans on her "break" and wore them so she could show her RN's. So....being admitted to a floor where she doesn't know anyone wasn't how she/I wanted to start this round. It is like we are starting all over again.......she is back to being really shy and won't let me put her down. I thought we would only be on this floor until her cough went away but it sounds like they will keep her up here for at least 3 weeks. So....she is not very happy!!!! We do have our own room......which is good and bad. It will be great at night....we won't have to worry about having a roommate for sleeping but it will be hard during the day....she won't have anyone to play with. Taylor is confined to her room for this entire round of treatment!!!

Round 4......7 days of very intense chemotherapy!! She will be receiving one chemotherapy medication that she has had before. This is the one that she always gets a rash from. This round the dose is even higher, so I am praying the rash will be minimal. It is also the chemotherapy that caused the rash in her eyes last round. So.....hopefully that won't happen this time. She will also receive 2 new chemotherapy medications. As I have mentioned before, this tends to be one of the hardest, longest rounds. They have also told me that it could be even harder on her because of the Flu....she is already immunocompromised from the flu, so she could get pretty sick. All we can do is pray.......

She is finally asleep but unfortunately I don't think she will stay that way. It is 9:30 and they still haven't even started her chemo for the day. I am also exhausted and have a feeling it is going to be a long night, so think I will try to get some sleep. I am working tomorrow so will post when I get back and get Taylor to bed.

Please pray that this round isn't too tough on Taylor. I am so scared that she is going to have horrible side effects and complications this round. Please also pray for Savannah.....she is really struggling with being away from Taylor and I. She just doesn't understand why she won't see her sister for over a month.....

If any of Taylor's RN's from the 2nd floor read this, please stop up and visit it you have a chance. She would LOVE to see you all.

Thanks,
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Poor Taylor-I can just see her cutie patootie in jeans....and w/ no friends to show them off!!! Please let us know what we can do to make this round a tinsy bit easier for you all-visiting Tay, hanging w/ the bug....PLEASE let me know! I have a VERY special present for Taylor from Ginger-she is going to love it! Let me know when I can come give it to her for being such a brave princess!

    My hopes and prayers are that this round goes by at lighting speed and there are NO complications/rashes/ickyness!
    My love to all of you, sending BIG HUGE HUGS to you and Tay!!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete