Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 28 for Round 4 and Day 16 at zero with no signs of her infection fighting ability trending up. Taylor and I are both really feeling the stress of being in our hospital room for 28 days. Taylor is still being such a good girl but I can tell she is very frustrated (as am I). It is so unbelievably hard to not leave this room. At times, the walls feel like they are closing in on us. Taylor had a couple of big melt downs today and I know it is because she just wants out of here so bad (as do I). She felt good today but has some stomach issues start late afternoon. Her stomach is EXTREMELY distended. She doesn't seem to be in pain but her stomach is hard and huge. We will be having a consult in the AM to make sure that something is not going on. I pray it is nothing.....we can't take much more.

Thank you to all the were able to make it out to Cold Stone Creamery tonight....we truly appreciate your support.

Not much else to post for the day...I am really struggling with the reality of Taylor's situation today. Not that it hasn't been "real" for a long time, there are just days that I still have trouble believing that Taylor has AML. The reality of my leave with my job is also totally stressing me out. I don't have much more FMLA time left and am extremely worried about what we are going to do. Taylor is not even close to being done with treatment and then when she is, she won't be able to go back to daycare for quite some time. There are so many questions and no answers at this time..... When Taylor is asleep at night, I try to come up with answers but right now nothing is coming to me???? Christmas is also another big concern right now. There is almost no chance that Taylor will be home over Christmas. The thought of the girls not being together on Christmas is unthinkable!! Too much to think about.......

Thanks,
Kristen

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen...bless your heart. Thank you for expressing your concerns and allowing us to read what is on our mind. I truly can't even imagine the strength that is needed to manage day to day, but also the "what if's"...the scary "what if's"!!! Just know that you will find the answer, even if it doesn't make sense right now. You are truly amazing and inspirational...I am so grateful to call you my friend. I hope you know that there is nothing I wouldn't do for your and your family.
    I am thinking of you always.
    Love,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    I can't imagine how it feels to be confined to a hospital room for that long for you and for Tay. It was so good to hear her voice (even if she 'pretended' to not know who I was-silly girl)....we'll remind her next Tuesday!! I can't wait to see you both!

    There are so many things to stress and worry about, Tay getting better, her counts coming up, avoiding any infection, your job, the future...too much for one family. I'm sure it keeps you up every night. I wish I had some answers for you, words to comfort or anything to make it easier. Just know I'm always here for you and the girls. Always thinking of you, praying for remission!!
    All my love and hugs!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, Kristen, all of the unknowns and the "what if's?" are enough to drive you crazy. It stinks that there are no certain answers for anything right now. Please know, for certain, that I will always be here for friendship and support.

    Keep staying strong, strength is one of your amazing qualities and it is so necessary right now.

    Hugs and Kisses to your rommie Taylor :-)!
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristen,

    You have been going through such an unimaginable situation, yet you still manage to wake up each morning and face the day. You guys have come so far and the end of this treatment is in sight. Stay strong and cross each bridge as you come to it, one at a time. Take a quick moment during the day to walk outside and let the sun shine down on you. When things are dark, you need to search for the sunshine. I pray for you and for peace within this storm.

    Love always,
    Angela Allotta Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kristen,
    Thank you for writing and letting us into your heart. You are so amazingly strong and so is Princess Tay. My heart breaks for what you guys are going through. I'm praying for peace for you both and for Tay's remission. We miss you guys so much. Love, Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin--
    Your strength is being pulled, twisted, and torn in many directions. This would make anyone crazy, but you have coped and made it through each day for your beautiful girls. Mom's just have this ability and you are allowed to have all these feelings. It's good for you to get them out and then do what you have always done by putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward. You are an inspiration to everyone. We are all pulling for your whole family. And some of us have never had the honor to meet you personally. I've had a link to your blog from my blog for a long time and lots of the quilting world is sending prayers and the best VIBES ever in your direction! Carole (friend of Jessica's)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I visit you guys I think about what a great job you're doing keeping her entertained in those confines.

    Hoping all are healthy from my end and can visit next week :)

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete