Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, November 11, 2009


A quick post this morning to let you all know that Taylor made it through the night without any reactions. She did fine. She is still getting a large dose of Benadryl every 6 hours. She is also being hooked up right now to receive another transfusion. She is not getting platelets today, she is receiving red blood cells. So, I am praying there is not another reaction.


I have been meaning to post a picture from Taylor's visit with our good friend Michael. I can't resist posting the picture (see attached) of Michael getting his nails done. Thank you Michael....Taylor had SO much fun during your visit.


I will post later tonight about their birthday. The transfusion is starting so I will be not taking my eyes off Taylor!!!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen~

    I read your posts often and pray for Taylor daily. You simply amaze me....and Taylor is so strong, I can't even believe it. Both of your girls are beautiful and you and Sean are so blessed. Much love coming your way from me,

    XOXO, Laurie (Messer) Meade

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy Birthday to Taylor and Savannah! Can't wait to see what special surprise your mom and dad have in store for the two of you...... Wishing you a wonderful day! As always you are all in our prayers.
    xxoo, Joelle, Ella and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kristen: I am not sure if you remember me -- I am Maddie's mom from last year at Chanen. I have been reading your blog every day and just wanted to let you know that I am praying for Taylor and thinking about her and you every day. I can only try to imagine how hard and scary this ordeal must be for everyone concerned. Happy birthday to the girls. Sending much love -- Jenifer Kasten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Taylor and Savannah, happy birthday to you! I hope you get to eat yummy cake and open presents.

    I have a present for your birthday, my mama will give it to your mommy. I hope we can play together soon; I like playing star wars, spiderman, the memory game and pretending to be a puppy dog.

    Happy birthday, I am 4 too.

    Your friend,
    Nathan T

    (this was totally dictated by Nate!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Savannah & Taylor!! We love Michael's nails and think you should paint his nails all the time!

    Always,

    Shauna & Gustavo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Taylor and Savannah~

    Happy Birthday to two precious girls! Where do I sign up for the manicure? :)

    Lots of love,

    Amy Neiss and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Savannah and Taylor! I can't believe the two of you are four today. It seems just like yesterday that we attended your third birthday party:) I hope Tay Tay did well with her transfusion and is able to celebrate her special day. Eat an extra scoop of ice cream for me. Yum!

    In our thoughts as always,
    Jenn, Brad, Addison and Chase

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Taylor and Savannah!! We think about your everyday and say a prayer for you every night. Hope you have a great birthday and get lots of cake and ice cream! Get better soon!
    Love,
    Brooklyn and Kristy (Brad and Evan too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy 4th birthday to taylor and savannah!! hope the girls were able to spend time together today. lots of prayers, always. lisa kebo, takeda

    ReplyDelete