Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 33 and Taylor's counts are rising extremely slow. We were really hoping that she might go home early next week but if she continues rising at this pace we will be here quite a bit longer!!!! I am still praying we will be home for Thanksgiving but not even sure about that now.....

I ended up coming back to PCH yesterday afternoon. Taylor was having a hard time with me being gone so I didn't get to enjoy as much time with Savannah as I had hoped. Savannah and I made the most of our time that we had together but it is just so hard to leave her. A good friend of mine, Jamie, is going to come down to PCH tonight around 4:00 and sit with Taylor. Sean and Savannah are going to pick me up for dinner so I can at least see her for an hour or so.

Taylor is feeling good. She had a little stomach issue when I got back yesterday but is better today. She had a really hard time falling asleep last night so she was up really late. I hope that she will go to bed a little earlier tonight. She is ok today for RBC and platelets so no transfusions tonight.

As I was coming back into the hospital yesterday, I ran into one of the other mom's that I have gotten to be friends with. She and I were both having a really hard day. There are times when the whole situation hits you like a ton of bricks and it is hard to even catch your breath. While I was home with Savannah, I noticed that Christmas lights are being put out, stores are getting ready, and the mood is festive. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday but this year Christmas bring the reminder that my child is critically ill with a life threatening disease. What is their to celebrate??? I know that doesn't sound very nice, but it is my reality. Yes, I am thankful for Savannah but it is easy to have blinders on and only see your sick child. I know that next year Christmas will be much better but that seems like a really LONG time away.

Not much else going on around here. Will most again tomorrow or Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. No words can comfort you, when all you (and everyone else) wants this to over with! Day by day my friend...that is all you can do. I know everyone is wishing, praying, hoping and praying some more for some really good news for you family. I love you all so much! Continue to stay strong and keep doing the best you can do.

    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    My heart aches for you. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for all of you, now that the holidays are approaching. This experience has definitely been a marathon and not a sprint! I am praying that Taylor's counts will rise, so that you can be together as a family soon. You are all in so many people's thoughts and prayers. You are such a strong lady and fabulous mommy! Please don't ever forget that!

    God Bless,
    Liz Olmstead-Takeda, CO

    ReplyDelete