Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Monday, November 16, 2009

Hello all - hope your week is off to a great start. Taylor had a good day. She is feeling SO much better than yesterday. For some reason, she really took a turn yesterday. She woke up feeling extra tired and complained that her stomach hurt. She either wanted me to lay in bed with her or to lay on the couch with me. She would not eat anything and was on the verge of spiking a fever all day. She was also having problems with her eyes. She rubbed them and covered them with her blankets most of the day. She didn't want any light in the room. As I mentioned in my previous post, she also ended up having another platelet transfusion. Her levels were critically low and she had a small amount of spontaneous bleeding. So....like, I mentioned, yesterday did not go as planned. I ran home for a couple quick hours and did laundry and packed up more clothes for this week. I decided not to stay at home because Taylor was feeling so crummy. So....I missed seeing Savannah all weekend!! She enjoyed spending the night with Grandma on Saturday and most of the day on Sunday.

After Taylor's transfusion last night, she slept through the night. She woke up this morning feeling much better. She was hungry and wanted to get out of bed. I ended up going to work so Sean stayed with her today. She played and felt great all day.

Her gums in her mouth are really swollen today which has been a sign in her previous rounds that her counts might slowly begin to rise......PLEASE!!! Today is Day 27 and we are still at zero. I am hoping we will wake up tomorrow and she will slowly starting climbing up.

That's all for tonight...we are off to read books.

Taylor and Kristen

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books tonight sweet Taylor. We know you are not feeling your best right now but we are all praying and thinking about you everyday. Our fingers are crossed that your counts will come back higher tomorrow!
    Sweet Dreams,
    Jenn, Brad, Addison and Chase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Climb counts CLIMB!!! Hoping her counts come back quick and you are outta there before Turkey Day!!! Then on a break and back soon, then out again before Christmas...thats my BIG wish this holiday season (oh and good health from here on out!!!).
    Love you both!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on counts!!!! Let's do it!! I am so glad to read that Taylor felt better today. I am praying that those levels go up fast and you can get out of there. Kristen, you continue to amaze me with your strength.
    Princess Taylor, I recieved your card in the mail today and it made me so very happy!! I love your note and how colorful you made the card. I will have it forever. Stay strong little lady...we all love you!
    xoxo
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am joining in the "climb counts climb" cheer! I was so glad to hear that you felt better today and hope that is a sign of more good days to follow.
    We continue to send hugs, love and strength to your family!

    I wonder what stories mommy read you tonight? I watched Olivia tonight with Nathan and was happy to hear it is your favorite!

    We love you all so much!
    Love,
    Laurie, Troy, Nathan and Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Taylor on a daily basis; she is so resilient. Her counts will climb soon :)
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor,
    We are praying that your counts start climbing! You have been so brave throughout all of this. The picture that your mommy posted of you last night is beautiful....what a princess! Hope you and mommy slept well last night and I pray for a great day today! :)

    Liz-Takeda-CO

    ReplyDelete