Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, November 6, 2009

It is amazing how resilient Taylor is. She had a rough night again last night. She had a lot of pain when she had to go potty and screamed in pain each time. But....she woke up this morning and went and didn't have much pain at all. She has not had a fever for over 24 hours now so hopefully she is out of the woods regarding fevers. Nothing has grown on her blood cultures. The doctors are going to begin slowly pulling back the antibiotics. She is on 3 right now, so they will discontinue one tomorrow. She had much more energy today than she has had over the past 3 days. She got dressed, did a few crafts, and even played with some of her toys. She also wanted to try eating a little bit. She will still be on TPN but I am hoping she will eat over the weekend and we will be able to stop TPN early next week.

I wasn't going to go home this weekend but because she is feeling so much better and because I miss Savannah so much, I decided to go home until early Sunday morning. I picked Savannah up from school and it was pure heaven seeing her. We enjoyed a home cooked meal from friends at the pre-school and met friends at the park so Savannah had a good night. It was so great to be outside breathing fresh air. I crave being outside after being in the hospital 24 hours a day!!!!

So...I will post again Sunday when I get back.

Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    I am so happy to hear that Taylor's fever has stayed down. I'm so glad that you got to pick Savannah up from school and spend time with her! I'm sure she was so excited! :) I hope all of you have a good weekend and that Taylor is feeling even better when you get back to PCH on Sunday! Have a great time hugging on Savannah! :)

    God Bless,
    Liz-Takeda, CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear the Tay is feeling better. I know you must've been so excited to see Savannah. You are one tough cookie Kristen. I pray for strength for you all the time. I hope you have a good time with Savannah, we miss you guys so much. Always in our prayers and thoughts, Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!!! Sooooo good to hear Tay is feeling better, her fever is a gonner and her cultures are clean! Keep it up Tay!!!

    I'm ALSO so glad you got to go home to see bug! I bet you both miss each other so much!!! Enjoy your time together this weekend!!
    Love you all so much!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly warmed my heart to see our three punks run up to each other like that! Old friends are the best!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete