Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year. I wish I had better news to post....but not much has changed. Taylor continues to be at zero, continues to feel really bad, continues to have fevers (spiked again late last night and today), continues to beg for pain medicine, and continues to break my heart!! She is just so sad in her bed....asking me to please rub her belly......ENOUGH pain for this child!!!! I slept with her last again last night and all day today....every time I try to get up she crys and says, "please Mommy don't leave me, I don't feel good".

I had a glimmer of hope tonight around 4:00 when she actually smiled at me and wanted to sit on the couch. We got her up and she watched a movie on the couch. She tried to eat a little dinner but just couldn't do it. She wanted to go back to bed and had to be given another dose of morphine.

Savannah enjoyed a couple of nights at Grandma's. She is really having a hard time. She told Grandma she was having a really bad day because she misses Mommy and Taylor so much. She is going to the Fiesta Bowl parade tomorrow with Sean and friends so hopefully that will make her happy. I am trying to go home for a couple of hours on Sunday to be with Savannah. I would love to sleep at home (I have only slept at home one night since December 7th) but Taylor was really upset with that idea. So.....I will try to plan something special for Savannah and I to do for the day.

Taylor will most likely have to have another platelet transfusion tomorrow....more fun.

We wish you all a very happy, HEALTHY, joyous 2010. Happy New Year

4 comments:

  1. Kristen, Thanks for always letting us know how everything is going. Carly is sending Tay a care package, she really misses her. Carly wanted me to tell Tay that she was thinking about how they always played house and Ava had to be the grandma or something and Carly always got to be the cool mom. It makes Carly smile thinking about that. Love you guys, K and C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, We continue to have prayers on overgrive for you guys. I hope Taylor will feel like spending more time out of bed today. I am so glad that Savannah has grandparents near by the spend special time with too. I am also praying that 2010 is a much better year for you guys and that Taylor is healthy again soon!

    Take Care,
    Liz-Takeda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Kristen-enough is enough for both your little girls. I am so sad that Tay is in so much pain and enduring so much, but my heart also breaks for Savannah too. How do you explain all this to them? I think about u all so much and just hope this is all over soon. I know u tired, exhausted angry - there are so many caring people praying for you. Just know how loved you all are and lean on your friends family! All my love Jess xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone dropped an F-bomb on this site yet? Are their children reading, because I am like one more crappy day for either of your girls away from dropping one!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete