Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, January 3, 2010

I am so tired and stressed that I meant to save my last post so I could continue but accidentally hit send instead.....sorry.

This is a continuation from my earlier post.

Taylor also had to be swabbed for Influenza, RSV, and numerous other viruses today. This is her 6th swab and she is hysterical every time it is done. This time was no different. So far, her swab has come back clean, no viruses. Right now we are really just waiting and watching to see what happens. I am sure that tomorrow will bring more surprises.

Thank you for all of your emails, post, and texts with love and support. We really appreciate it.

I also wanted to take a moment and let you all know about an amazing gift my family has been given. My dear friend, Suzy Hochman has written a book about Taylor and Savannah and the bonds between twins during such a difficult time. She has gotten the book published and is giving all proceeds to Sean and I to help with medical bills during this difficult time. Please see the email below from Suzy about the book and how to purchase it if you would like a copy.

"Hearts Connected was created for a special family whose daughter was diagnosed with a rapid and aggressive form of Leukemia. Regardless of this fearful diagnosis, the book describes the bond between twin sisters and their unwavering love for one another...even if they are unable to be together. It is a story of hope, love, and unmeasurable courage; one that defines the power of sisterhood and God's divine intervention."

To purchase, please go to: http://createspace.com/3398838

Words can not express how much this book means to me. Suzy- you are amazing....thank you so much.

I will update more tomorrow...

9 comments:

  1. Kristen-
    I just went and purchased the book...I can't wait to read it. Please hang in there and know that so many people are praying for your entire family through this hideous time.

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book bought! That book is just another example of the amazing people who love, support and are rooting for your family.

    With much love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a wonderful gesture that she created a book about your girls- I hope your family gets lots and lots of financial support because of it!!!

    Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fight it Taylor! You are so strong and amazing! We are sending love and positive vibes your way and thinking of you every second~

    xoxo,

    Amy, Gary, Harrison & Holly Neiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, bought the book, can't wait to read it, that is so wonderful!! Love you guys, Kelly and Carly Joey is on his way back home to AZ with a care package from us to you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the book!
    Always thinking of you guys.
    Sending positive thoughts & prayers,

    Loving Taylor, and you.
    Joy, Adam, Leo and Madeline Weber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, Sean and girls, I am Jill, Kelly Gregan's sister. I have been reading your blog and praying for you all since Taylor was first diagnosed. I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to send you a note, I just haven't know what to say. My heart has been breaking to read all that you have been going through, the physical, emotional and mental anguish. Please know that so many people are praying for you and continually lifting Taylor before the Lord. With love and prayers, Jill, Barry, Griffin and Trenton West

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Miss Tay....
    Listen up..you are one of the most strong willed little girls I have EVER met!! I know that you can fight this!
    Just think of all of the faces in tortillas you need to bite...the kisses for Sugar and Bailey you need to give...the nails that you need to paint..the pictures of the worms that we need to laugh at everytime I see you...the mango you need to feed Speedy...the hiding places you need to go to hide from Rand...the water with ice you get by yourself from the fridge. SO many things!!

    We all love you SO much!!!
    Love,
    Miss Marcy, Rand, Justin, Noah, Sugar, Bailey and Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen,
    Happy New Year to you Sean, Taylor and Savannah. Each day on get on to read your updates and each night I go to bed saying a prayer for Taylor and each of you. You have all been through such a stressful and difficult 6 months that I hope 2010 brings many positive changes. I hope each day that Taylor receives good news and life can slowly return to normal for your family.

    I just saw the posting about Suzi's book and I will order it right now. That is just amazing! Thank you Suzi and what a gift to you and a selfless act from Suzi.

    Please know that you're in mine and Les' thoughts every day.

    Please give Taylor a kiss for us.

    Love,

    Carole and Les

    ReplyDelete