Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, January 5, 2010



Unfortunately, today brought much of the same. Taylor continued to spike fevers , threw up, and had diarrhea all night. She got morphine and nausea medication throughout the night but could not sleep well. She just doesn't feel well.

She was in bed the entire day, watched TV and slept. She received another platelet transfusion because she did not receive any bump from the transfusion the day before. She refuses to walk even to the bathroom....she will only use the bathroom if I will carry her. She refuses to let the RN's or PCT's do any of her vital signs. She will only allow me to do.....she is just so done with this whole process. She had one of her favorite RN's today who offered to paint her nails while she watched TV and Taylor did not feel well enough to even do that.

About 5:30 Taylor's blood pressure dropped again. She had to have another bolus of fluid and was sent down for a Stat chest and abdominal Xray. We are waiting for the results of the Xray right now. Her blood pressure has come up a little but not where they would like the numbers to be. So...she will get blood pressures every hour tonight along with being hooked up to a oxygen saturation machine all night.....she is not very happy about this.

She will go down for another CT tomorrow to try to determine why she continues to retain fluid and have extreme belly pain.

I just don't know what to think anymore. Watching her in pain for the last 10 days is just too much to take. She did actually have counts today....instead of being at zero, she is at 11. I am hoping this number will continue to go up and she will feel better......

I wanted to post a picture from Saturday with Savannah and my great friend, Kim. Kim and her family took Sean and Savannah to the Fiesta Bowl parade. Savannah had a great day....thank you Kim!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen,
    I hope that 11 continues to climb and with it Taylor begins to feel a little bit better. My heart is truly aching for you guys. Thank you for sharing your days with us. I am constantly amazed by what you all have to go through, hour by hour, day by day. You are SO amazing, so strong, so courageous and so loving!!!

    I hope that tonight brings you girls some sleep and tomorrow is a little brighter then today.

    Sending hugs, love, smiles and HOPE!
    Always,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of hope, love, prayers, peace, and HEALTH, for taylor and your family. lisa kebo, takeda, tucson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen,
    I am praying that Taylor's CT scan comes back normal. I did want to tell you that a dear friend of mine here in Colorado told me about an incredible prayer group, that met this last Sun night and they all prayed and prayed for Taylor! Her husband, who leads the prayer group, called me today to check on Taylor. They continue to pray! I hope you get some rest as I'm sure you are completely warn out too! Hang in there. You have so many people thinking and praying for amazing, beautiful Taylor.

    Take Care,
    Liz-Takeda, CO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,

    I am Judy Mock, Renee's sister in Idaho. I have been checking your updates regularly since the postings began. I just wanted to send all my love and prayers to Taylor, Savannah, Sean and yourself. i can't even begin to imagine how had it must be to see Taylor in so much pain. I pray her numbers continue to go up and tomorrow brings good news. I hope they can determine what is causing her fever spikes and tummy pain so they can treat her.
    Have a good night you two and know that we are praying for your recovery in Idaho, Taylor!

    Judy
    Moscow, Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kristen,
    Praying for 11 to increase. We got the book today, it is so sweet. Carly read it aloud to me and my parents. Thoughts, prayers and love to you as always, Kelly and Carly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen,
    I can only imagine how hard it is to watch sweet Taylor go through this terrible experience. My heart goes out to your family. Many prayers for Taylor's count to increase are being said.

    Please let me know if you ever need anything, I can be there within 25 minutes. No request is too small. . . Princess DVD, black nail polish or Starbucks hot chocolate. Hope to visit you soon.

    Thinking of your family always,
    Jenn, Brad, Addy and Chase

    ReplyDelete