Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nothing much has changed. Taylor spiked 2 fevers in the night, 1 fever during the day, continued with the diarrhea and vomited up her Tylenol. She did have energy to get dressed and walk to the bathroom today. She even let me paint her nails but was soon back in back asking for pain meds. She slept for a couple of hours. She was taken down for an abdominal and lung CT today. We didn't go down until late so we don't know the results. Her ANC did increase today but her WBC's are not increasing like they should. She tried to eat a few crackers and soup tonight but stopped because it was hurting her stomach too much. So...until I know more about the CT there is not much more to say.

We were both up every hour last night for different meds, vitals, etc. I am tired!!!

5 comments:

  1. Kristen- I am so sorry to hear whats go on! Poor Taylor :( I am working tomorrow, and I really hope I have Tay..I hope she has enough energy to play a little-I have been looking forward to seeing her. Keeping you guys in my prayers. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Taylor gets through this soon. She is very brave. Get some rest and take care of yourself too.

    Anuja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen,

    Keep your head up. This round is almost over and I pray that this entire ordeal is almost over. Soon you will be home with Sean and both of your girls and life will be peaceful. You are always in my heart and in my prayers.

    Love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping tonight brings less interruptions, more sleep, no fevers, less pain, more peaceful moments and good dreams.

    Sending my daily dose of love, smiles and HOPE!
    With love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an AMAZING mother - Taylor is so fortunate to have you as her mommy! Keep your spirits up and hang in there!!
    Thinking of you...all our love to Taylor!! We miss you!! Much love, Rhonda, Jason, Benjamin & Matthew

    ReplyDelete