Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good morning everyone - hope you are having a great day.

Taylor slept really well last night. She is again not feeling well, her blood counts continue to drop and her chance of fever right now is about 100%. Hopefully if/when she gets a fever, it will be contained with Tylenol, but they say you never know. Just because she gets a fever doesn't mean she will end up in the ICU, so please pray that doesn't happen.

Her hair if "officially" not starting to thin out, it is falling out by the handfuls. Taylor and I have been talking about it alot today. I also purchased some fancy headband and she is excited to start wearing them. She has decided she wants to wait until the hair is all gone before she wears them......whatever works!! I am still devastated by the hair loss but know that is the least of our problems. Like my good friend, Sheri, said....this just SUCKS!!!

Savannah, my other angel, was a very strong, brave sister today. Savannah and Mommy went and had her blood drawn to see if she is a potential bone marrow donor for Taylor. She was so good about it....I think I cried harder than she did. I just sat there thinking, "what if she comes back with leukemia?" I am really trying not to think about it.....I am just praying she is a match for her sister. At first, I was not sure about having Savannah donate bone marrow for Taylor.....I didn't want her to go through it. But, if she is, we will most likely have her donate to Taylor because it is Taylor's best hope for complete remission. One day at a time.....the results should be back next week.

I would ask all of you that are praying for Taylor to add her roommate, Elijah Rubio, to your prayers. He is a 2 year Down Syndrome child with AML. Elijah has completed 2 rounds of chemo and got to go home today for a 10 day break. I don't know yet what happened, but I do know that his parents received really bad news from the doctors today. I have come to love Elijah and his family so much over the past 13 days. His mother and I pray together every night before we go to sleep. Please add them to your prayers....they need it!!

Nothing much more happening.....talk to you all tomorrow.

Love,
Kristen and Taylor

6 comments:

  1. I don't know you or your family, but I am a mom of twins (also girls) and a link to your blog was posted on the PV Moms of Multiples website. I pass PCH every day on my way to work, and when I turn on to Thomas from the SR51 I can't help but think of Taylor and the rest of your family. I've been checking this blog everyday for the last week. Please know that Taylor is in my thoughts and prayers!

    Toby Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted to follow suite with Laurie and send lots of virtual hugs to Taylor and you! Chase and I visited Taylor's favorite doctor today and the entire office has been checking the blog daily. There is such a strong community of family and friends supporting Taylor that she will surely continue on the road to recovery!

    Jenn Cordelli and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kristen,Sean,Taylor,Savannah, and Patricia,
    We are holding you so close to our hearts, and surrounding you with a warm embrace.
    We Love you so much,
    Stephanie, David, and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kristen,Sean,Taylor &Savannah,
    I daily check this website and daily we remember Taylor and all her physical needs but also Mom, Dad and Sister,and Grandparents...because an illness to one member of the family effects all the members.Everyday comes with some expected and some unexpected circumstances with what Taylor is going through...but remember ...going through.Together we claim her little body whole again and sooner than medical expectations ! We serve an awesome God!
    Keep the faith !
    Jocelyn Killam, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I went to pick up Sarah yesterday, all the kids were happily enjoying their Otter Pops. I got to hear all about Savannah's "stick" that she got at "Taylor's hospital" as well as the stickers and lollipop :). Sarah is enjoying having Savannah at school...and so am I - she has been quite a chatterbox every day at pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen, I'm so glad to hear you got a bit of time at home with Savannah, she must be so excited to have you home even if it's for a little time. We are praying for Taylor and your family daily. We will add Elijah on to the list. Tell little Taylor not to fret over her hair it will grow back more beautiful than it is now. We hope her tests come back positive and Savannah can be a donor.
    Kristen you are so strong, I know you don't feel that way sometimes but God Bless you and keep the faith.
    We love you
    call me if I can do anything for you.
    Love Ron and Linda

    ReplyDelete