Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, July 3, 2009

TGIF!! I hope you are all having a great start to your Holiday weekend.

There is really no change from yesterday. Taylor continues to feel "crappy" and is not eating well. She has developed a rash on her cheeks and arms. They are not sure if it is a possible viral rash or a side effect from one of the chemo drugs. They are just watching it for now.

Taylor had her bandage change over her central line today. Just like last time, it was horrible. Her skin is extremely sensitive and bruised from the last bandage. Once she comes home, I will responsible for doing the dressing changes every Friday....that should be tons of fun!!!

I am at home tonight spending some much need time with Savannah. We did crafts, played games, and read books. She is being such a good girl and I miss her so much!!! I am planning on spending all day with her tomorrow!!! It is good to be home!!!

Have a great 4th....will update again tomorrow.

Love,
Kristen

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time at home, it will refresh you!!!! I know it must be challenging trying to find a balance between Savannah and Taylor...you are doing a great job (ALL OF YOU-Kristen, Sean and Grandma).
    I hope Taylor's rash subsides and she begins to feel a little better.
    Always thinking of you!
    Love,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen- I just want to tell you that you are an incredible mother. I think about your family daily. Stay strong.
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kristen! Changing the dressings at home? That WILL be exciting. So here's how I see this going down: You get the Jack, I'll bring the Coke.

    And then we'll give it to Taylor.

    I hope my comments don't frighten your family and friends!

    XOXO

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,
    I just wanted to let you know that you and Taylor as well as Savannah and Sean are in my prayers. Kristen you are so strong and such a wonderful mother. I hope that you have a wonderful day at home and enjoy your time wih Savannah. Keep the Faith.. God Bless...
    Love,
    Tina Hurst

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,
    I've been thinking about you...just wanting to let you know that. At to remind you that I am happy to do ANYTHING you need or want!
    And Sheri..I think your comments are hysterical!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete