Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hello all - Day 2 of Round 2!!! She had a pretty good morning...."Aunt Betty" (one of my closest friends) stayed with her while I went to work. They painted nails, did crafts, and Taylor took MANY pictures of herself, stuffed animals, and hospital room on Betty's camera!!! She enjoyed her time with Betty and was sad to see her go.

She had a bit "rougher" afternoon. She threw up a couple of times but still had a lot of energy. She went to the play room and got to see her sister, daddy and Grandma. Her appetite is already not great but we are still getting food into her each meal....she still loves Cheetos!!

One of her teachers, Miss Amy, stopped by tonight and she really enjoyed her visit. Her favorite nurse is taking care of her tonight so she is very happy. She had a long day and didn't fall asleep until 9:00 but all in all the day was ok!!!

She still has a decent amount of hair left but they think it will all be gone by the end of next week. She seems a little more concerned about it than when it initially fell out but is still being very strong. She continues to refuse the mouth care that is necessary to help with mouth sores caused by chemo so I am praying she doesn't get the horrible sores that I hear about.

That is all for tonight....hope you are all doing well.
Love,
Kristen and Taylor

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update after what I'm sure was a long day...continued strength for you and Taylor.
    Love and prayers...
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen-
    I am happy to hear that Taylor is handling the early stages of round 2 okay for now. We continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love-
    Steve and Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I made the blog! I loved visiting...you are both some strong cookies. I can't believe that Taylor made it until 9pm! Taylor's energy is amazing. It was so fun to have my hair done, please tell Taylor that she made me feel very pretty & that I'm considering "ponies" as my permanent new doo. Love you guys!!! Miss Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor,
    I had such a great time playing with you. My favorite part was playing with the babydoll and the doctor kit. That baby really liked her Marshmallow-Strawberry-Carrot flavored medicine! I will email your mom the pictures you took with my camera. Thanks for letting me play with you, I had so much fun!
    xoxo
    Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete