Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, July 31, 2009

TGIF!! I hope you all had a great Friday. Taylor had a great day today. She felt really well and got to "run free". I asked her doctor is she could be unhooked from her IV pole for a few hours since she is not on chemo anymore and they agreed. She had so much fun...running, jumping, dancing, twirling!! She absolutely wore herself out....she is snoring right now!!!

She spent the day with Daddy because I worked today. She had a busy day with visits from her teachers, Miss Marcy, Miss Gina, and Miss Laurie!! She enjoyed seeing all of them and they helped brighten her day...thank you all for visiting.

Her blood counts have actually gone up a little bit today. She continues to be able to go out to the playroom. I was concerned that her counts went up and have stayed high since we got in. The doctors assure me this is OK, the chemo is still working, and they will drop very soon. So...we are enjoying playroom time and glad she had such a great day!!

I was reading older posts to Taylor tonight and she reminded me that I have never written anything about "Sophia". Sophia is one of Taylor's night nurse and Taylor adores her. Sophia works Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and always takes care of Taylor. She is one of the sweetest, most caring individuals that I have ever met. She hugs and kisses Taylor and is adorable. Tonight Taylor tried hard to stay awake because she wanted to tell Sophia "that she loves her!!". I really would like to thank Sophia for taking such great care of Taylor and I. Sophia had Taylor the first weekend we were here (back in June) and helped me through some really long night also. I am going to take a picture of Sophia and Taylor and post it for everyone....she is the best and we do love her!!!

I also want to post a special thank you to all at Moda Fina. Today was the final day of the Loving Taylor charms and Sean and I are so touched by their generosity. You have all been so great to us and your fundraising efforts mean so much....thank you all of all that you have done!!!

I also want to thank Miss Marcy for taking the girls for the summer. Miss Marcy was Taylor and Savannah's teacher last school year and the girls fell in love with Marcy. Marcy watched them all summer and continued to watch Savannah for us once Taylor got sick. Marcy has been amazing and means so much to all of us. She has been a "rock" to Sean and I during this hard time and has helped Savannah feel extra special while Mommy is always gone. Marcy goes back to work on Monday so THANK YOU!!! You are a dear friend and your compassion and love toward the girls means so much to me.

Papa (my dad) and Grandma Renee get here tomorrow to see the girls. Taylor is SOOOO excited and can't wait to see them. They are here for 2 weeks.....yeah!!!

Have a great weekend. I am going home tomorrow through Sunday afternoon, so will post again when I get back!!

Love,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Aww...shucks...you are too kind. I have loved every second being with the girls. How lucky am I that I got to have girl time...doing hair, painting nails, art projects with flowers and hearts?? It has been great! I'm always here for you guys...
    Bailey, Sugar and Speedy (Rand, Justin and Noah too!) are going to miss all of the love they have gotten this Summer!!
    I promise that next Summer, we will get to do all of the things that were on our "to do" list.
    I love you all with all of my heart!!
    xoxo
    Miss Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen:

    I hope you had a nice weekend at home! You deserve a little R&R!!! Benjamin and I would love to come visit Taylor - will you let me know a good time to come by? I know Taylor's counts may be dropping soon so I do not want to risk anything! Just keep me posted!
    Miss you! YOU ARE AN AMAZING MOM!!!! xoxo Rhonda

    ReplyDelete