Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Friday, July 10, 2009

TGIF!!! I am happy to report that Taylor and I had our first good day in a long time. She received a transfusion last night and it really helped her feel better. The docs had told me that transfusions were always a "pick me up" to the kiddo's and this one really was for Taylor. She ate well, drank juice today (hasn't been drinking anything but water for weeks) and played a lot. Her counts are finally creeping up....very slowly!! The doctors said that there is a small chance we could be home for our first break next weekend (very small) but it gives me some hope!!!

The only "bad" part of our day was when I had to change the dressing on Taylor's central line. I tried to put myself into my "nursing mode" (haven't been a RN for 13 years)but their is no "nursing mode" when it is your own baby!!! It was really hard but we got through it. Mommy cried just as hard as Taylor.....but it is done and we are good for another week. I used to love Fridays, now I dread them...they are dressing change day!!!

Daddy is with Taylor tonight and tomorrow night. I need some much rest/sanity and Savannah/Harley time. Savannah and I got our nails done and had In-N-Out tonight...very fun. We have a birthday party tomorrow and we are going to have a movie party tomorrow night. She wants to make popcorn, watch Cinderella, and sleep in Mommy's bed...twist my arm!!

I am praying that we will be open for visitors next week. Once I talk to the doctors on Monday AM, I will let you all know.

I am most likely not going to post anything tomorrow....going to spend all my time with Savannah. I will provide an update on Sunday night when I get back to my "other home".

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Kristen

11 comments:

  1. Yea!!! So glad to hear Taylor is feeling a little bit better. Also glad to hear you are getting some respite and time with Savannah! Enjoy every minute:)

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaeh! Good day! Have fun with Savannah & Harley!

    Shauna, Gustavo, Santo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to read about the GOOD DAY! Love to all the Souza's!!!

    Love,
    Laurie, Troy, Nathan AND Allison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So So glad you had a 'good' day!!! I hope her blood counts continue to creep up....they will get there!!!!

    Fridays are going to be hard, changing the dressing must be so difficult. I'm NO nurse but can help if you need it.

    Have a great time w/ Savannah and Harley!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen, Taylor, Savannah and Sean,

    Kristen, I know it has been so so long since we have have connected but I wanted to write and say you are all in my prayers every single day. If memory serves me correctly my friend from college was strong, beautiful, determined and when she wanted something nothing stood in her way. I know those qualities will help see you through this difficult time and your beautiful daughters are probably just like their mommy:)

    All my love and prayers,

    Sabrina (Sisco) Pilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, My heart goes out to you at this most difficult time. I was shocked to hear the news about Taylor and will continue to pray for her strength and yours. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you personally.

    Sincerely,

    Ann Kaites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen -

    Thinking of you and your family

    Lisa Pinkus

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear you all had a better day. What a little transfusion will do. It was always so crazy to me how my perspective changed after we were dx with cancer. The tiniest little smile can bring huge amounts of joy to a mommies heart. Hoping for peace as you leave the hospital to be with your other children. Praying for rest and renewal. I will be praying for Taylor to have "better days" ahead.
    Deanna Doty (HopeKid mom to Katie)
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/katiedoty

    ReplyDelete
  9. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11

    Sent by: KW

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so good to hear that you had a good day and I am praying that your "dream weekend" comes true. Sounds like you have a busy and fun couple of days planned away from PCH - only you Kristen would have the energy to keep up. Take care of yourself and I will keep the prayers coming your way. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. ALL of of at Moda Fina say, YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Taylor is home!!! We are so excited for you little Taylor, Princess!! You are such a brave and beautiful girl and we love your Princess dress. You and Savannah, (she is very pretty too!) look happy to be back together. Have a fun week and keep up the good work. We can't wait to meet you when you come in to Moda Fina. We are selling lots of charms for you and you have lots and lots of friends buying them.

    And, when you get better, I am going to give you my special Taylor charm, so you will have one like Mommy's. We love you Taylor (and the whole Souza family) and pray for you every day. God is so good and He's watching over you every minute of every day. Love, Moda Fina

    ReplyDelete