Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Monday, July 6, 2009

This was a really long Monday!!! Taylor is at day 2 of her blood counts all being at zero. She will be getting platelets again tonight. She had a really tough day....she has no energy, no appetite, but has a strong TEMPER!!! Mommy could not do anything to please her today. She (and I) are both over all the craziness. Today we saw 5 doctors - oncologist, oncologist NP, infectious disease, dermatology, and general pediatrics!!! Her rash is still very bright but is not bothering her. She is borderline for a fever, but so far hasn't needed anything for it.

I was under the impression that once her blood counts hit zero, they would rise up right away. I was informed today that is not the case. She will hover around zero for roughly a week. Because of this, we are still asking for no visitors. She is just at such a high risk that we are trying to keep her in a bubble!! Once her counts start to rise, we would LOVE visitors.

As for Taylor's hair...it is almost gone!! She told me today that her "friends won't want to play with her because she doesn't have hair!!" Through tears, I explained that is not the case....breaks my heart!!!

That is really all for today....hope you all had a great Monday!
Love,
Taylor and Kristen

7 comments:

  1. Dear Kristen my friend, I am soimpressed with the courage and strength your family has shown as you go through this very difficult time. I know a loving Heavenly Father will be with you all of the way. Taylor, my name is Bart and I am your Mom's friend. I have two big girls named Chelsea and Ali that are twins just like Savannah and you. When they were little they called each other "sissy" just like you and Savannah. Pretty cool huh! We all hope you get better really fast!! Love Bart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    I keep hoping one of these days you guys will all be able to catch your breath and some of the craziness will back off, sounds like it was another really difficult day. My fingers and toes are crossed that she at least feels better when her counts start to go up.

    My heart is breaking that Taylor feels that way and as a mom you have to endure her feeling that way. Please tell Tay Tay I can't wait to come down and see her, and I'm sure ALL her friends feel the same way. I know she is still a beautiful little girl! Tell her I picked out a speacial headband w/ a black flower on it just for her. Maybe I can bring fun hats for us to wear when I come to visit?

    I can't wait to be able to give you both a big squeeze. My thoughts are always with you guys!!
    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will ALWAYS want to play with Taylor! She is beautiful and very brave.

    We you start having better days! Until we can visit...virtual hugs and kisses!

    Love,
    Laurie T and Nathan (he asks about Taylor all the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Taylor gotted a owie and her hair felled out but she getsted hair bands with really, really, REALLY big diamonds! Mommy, she has to share her hair bands with me like her Aerial shoes, right Mommy? Kristen said she has to share wif me."

    - Brynngranger (one word)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen,
    My name is Becky Williams and I found your blog a couple of weeks ago through another blogger that I read regularly. I hesitate to leave a comment because you don't know me, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and your family and I have been following your updates since I discovered your blog. I know I can't begin to imagine what you are going through right now... I am a mom with 2 small children and I don't think I could brave the daily updates with the grace that permeates your writings. Thank you for sharing your story. I just wanted to tell you, though it seems you have a local community and strong support system, I am a Scottsdale resident and felt a need to reach out to you and your family. If there is ANYTHING you need that a stranger could provide more easily than someone close to your situation, please let me know. It seems forward and awkward to even offer, but I would be happy to help where there is a need. Even if it is just continuing to follow your updates and leave comments. Just know this local stranger will be having you and yours in my thoughts often, for whatever that's worth. My email is beckywilliams28@qwest.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kristen,
    Who knew that the fight you were carrying on for others last November would now transend into a fight that you will carry on for Taylor.

    I am optimistic that with the help of God, the great doctors at PCH and the prayers that will be offered by all of your family and friends, that Taylor will survive her current ordeal and wiil soon lead a beautiful and healthy life. I am here for you.

    Love Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen, I am constantly amazed by your strength and spirit. My heart is heavy for you and your family as you continue to fight this. We are on our knees for Taylor, and for your entire family as the strength you all need is incomprehensible. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing your feelings, Taylor's updates, and the burden that has got to be on your heart. We will not stop praying..not a moment, till she is home and healthy.

    I want to share a little story that Betty may have already shared. It seems that one of our Pastor's daughters is going to be in the same area at PCH as you...and the stay seems to be quite long like yours. I would like to share her name just incase you run across them, they are really amazing family, like you guys, and the connection may help?? Anyway, her story is at prayforkate.com and her mom is Holly and dad Aaron. Just wanted to share b/c I think at some point, you could cross paths.

    Loving your family always,
    Kristina Bradley & family
    kbradley14@cox.net

    ReplyDelete