Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday, July 14th will go down in history as one of our best days....Taylor and I got to come home. We were expecting to "get released" tomorrow but I went old school and put my "sales" hat back on with the doctors!!! I didn't really "sell" the idea of getting out a day early, I begged and pleaded!!! It worked. Taylor's counts were actually below what they would like to go home but because she was close and because I promised to keep her home...they let us out!!! I wish that I would have had a video camera when the doctor asked her is she wanted to go home...I haven't ever seen her so excited!! She almost started crying (as I was bawling!!). Anyway....we are home. The first thing she did was hug and kiss Harley....she missed him so much. The second thing she did was put on her Belle dress and twirl around like a princess. Now that she is "free" and not attached to an IV pole, she can run, dance, twirl, and roll around....and she has done all!!! She helped Mommy unpack and do some laundry and waited patiently for Savannah.

We didn't tell Savannah that Taylor was home. Sean called as they were coming around the corner and Princess Belle (Taylor) and I were waiting outside. I could see Savannah screaming and kicking her legs in the car....Taylor ran into the car and their were hugs and kisses (and Mommy tears!!!).

The girls played all evening and we had our first family dinner in over a month...pure heaven!!! They are both in bed early tonight...Taylor was exhausted..I am sure she is already asleep soundly in her own bed...yeah!!!

Tomorrow - back to the real world. I am going back to work for the rest of the week. Daddy will stay home with the girls on Wednesday and Friday and Grandma is coming over on Thursday.

Many of you have called about visiting this week...please call me and we will see how things are going. It is not that we don't want to see all of you but we really do have to still be careful, so please call me (602-330-7780). We do want to see all of our friends!! The doctors have advised that she should not be around ANY children at this point. Also, please remember that we will be going back in to start round 2 of chemo on Monday. Her counts should be high at this time so having visitors next week at the hospital would be the best.....she will need the distraction and she wants to see all of you.

Round 1 finished...let's just pray for remission. Monday is going to be a long day. Because I am going back to work (and have TONS to do) and because I want to have as much family time as possible, I may not post every day while we are home. I will definitely give a quick update or two but most likely not every day...hope you all understand!

Thanks to ALL of you for your support, prayers, and gifts....we are so blessed to have you all in our lives!!

Love,
Kristen

4 comments:

  1. Yippee Souza family! Another tearful read, but this time with happy tears! I am so thrilled for Taylor to be home with her best friend sissy, Harley and to enjoy a family dinner! I love that you surprised Savannah!

    Troy bought me a Taylor Charm today and I will wear it everyday for Taylor!!!

    Stay strong and healthy Taylor!
    With Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! We were so excited to read your last post about enjoying "family time." I'm also glad Harley got spoiled with kisses from Taylor that he much deserves. Remember Harley can always come stay with his girlfriend Liberty if need be. We look forward to reading more happy posts in the near future as we continue to pray for your family.
    Jenn and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! That was the best post ever and it would hold me over until Monday:) Hope you enjoy every minute of family time. Please don't feel pressured for visitors...you know being a mommy means making the tough choices. You have to do what's best for Taylor. A person is usually contagious before they are even sick...if someone passed something to Taylor unknowingly they would feel terrible! Keeping positive thoughts for Monday and as always...you guys are in our prayers! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristen, Sean and The Girls
    It's Quinn I'm so sorry to hear what has been going on with Taylor. My Heart is with you guys. I went through the same AML with my dad 3 years ago. If you ever need info or just want to talk I'm here. I miss the girls very much. When I mention this to my mom she remember actually who Taylor and Savannah were from meeting them outside the preschool. Her heart is also thinking of you guys. Miss you guys tons, Hang in there thats all I did. Love Quinn

    ReplyDelete