Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello everyone. It's Sean and I am back at home after 2 great days with Taylor at the hospital. She was really in a great mood all weekend and I was able to get her to both eat and nap. Our life revolves around a white piece of paper that carries all her vital #'s on it that we receive every morning. This weeekend the paper looked pretty good. We had one incident at 3:00 in the morning where she called out Daddy but it was only to say, "I love you." This has made everyone in the family more emotional as Savannah throws it around as well, telling me she loves Daddy "this much" spreading her arms out wide. Savannah has been great for me at home and I appreciate everyone that has stopped by to feed us or get their nails painted. In closing I would like to thank my wife for everything that she is doing for Taylor. Kristen is being incredibly strong and brave for Taylor under the worst of circumstances. She is amazing! I can only hope that the 2 days I was able to spend at the hospital gave her some rest for the next week to hopefully complete Taylor's first block and get her home for 1 week. There are 2 beautiful, strong, brave ladies in room 204 and we can't wait to have them home. I love you both.
Sean

5 comments:

  1. You guys are all amazing! Hope you all are home together soon!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, what did I tell you about not making me cry before 9:30 in the morning? That is so sweet and you are all the bomb diggities! Since you're not from Detroit, you might not know that's a compliment!

    Love you all,

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, it was nice hearing from you. You are all in my prayers. Hope you guys have a good week. Becky-Houston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean and Kristen,

    Thank you for your posts; I read them daily to keep up with Taylor's progress. I am glad to hear that Taylor is feeling a bit better and may be home this weekend! She is a very brave little girl!

    Your strong family bond will continue to provide you with the strength you need to pull you through to see Taylor and Savannah grow strong and healthy together! You should be very proud of both of your daughters and how they are handling a very challenging time.

    Your family is in my thoughts and prayers,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sean,
    I'm with Sheri...tears! Your entire family is so strong and it looks like all of the love and tough times at PCH may be paying off. I am so hopeful that Taylor gets to come home this weekend.
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete