Donations can also be made at any Wells Fargo branch:
Project Souza Family
Account number 186-527-1579
Or you can mail a check to
Souza Family
PO Box 28272
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

This blog was created by friends as a way for the Souzas to share Taylor's progress with us. Kristen and Sean have not asked for financial help, but their medical bills coupled with Kristen's loss of income is truly overwhelming. They are so appreciative of ALL of the different types of support they have received and are more grateful than you can know. Thank you!
Taylor is a beautiful, vibrant three-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, a fast-growing cancer of the blood and bone marrow. On June 18th, Taylor began an 8-10 month hospital stay. This blog will detail her journey back to good health!


Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello all - I am back at my "second home"....PCH!!! 48 hours away from Taylor....although, it was GREAT to be with Savannah, it was really hard to be away from Taylor. Like I have mentioned before, balancing my two beautiful babies is so hard. I am glad to be back with Taylor but already missing Savannah and HARLEY!! Out poor Harley is getting lost in the shuffle. He had a good day today....he got to go swimming with Savannah and I...he also slept on the bed next to me all night last night!!!

Walking into Taylor's room today and finding her with very little hair left was so hard. She will most likely lose ALL her hair by Tuesday or Wednesday. I ended up cutting alot of hair off to make it more one length. She had lost so much in the back and there were so many long hair left hanging...my mom and I thought it would be better to try to even it up. No matter what...she looks beautiful!!!

A dermatologist came by to see her today and feels that the red rash on her cheeks, arms, and ears is a side effect/drug reaction to one of the chemotherapy drugs. They aren't going to do anything right now..just watch to make sure it doesn't get worse. It doesn't seem to be bothering her.

Savannah was not able to come down with me today to visit "sissy". She has a runny nose...it might be allergies, but it might also be a cold. We decided it wasn't worth possibly infecting Taylor. A big thank you to Marty, Taylor and Cameron Dempsey for watching Savannah for us for a couple of hours. Hopefully Savannah will be down this week...they both really miss each other.

As always, thanks for the posts and comments....they are the highlight of our day. We love you all,
Taylor and Kristen

9 comments:

  1. You know what the worst part of this whole thing is? It's that my number one life coping strategy does not apply: Ignore the problem until it goes away.

    That stinks because that principle has served me so well for 40 years. I mean 29.

    Hoping to see you soon! Sooo bummed we missed out on the chance to have a play date with Savannah today. Brynn's been asking to see your kiddos and we are around all week. Call anytime.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in to see how things are going.... I have been thinking about your family often! A huge hug and a prayer goes out to all of you tonight. Stay strong!

    Joelle Monis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    We are away right now, but think of you each EVERY day!!! Thanks for the updates each day...as we pray for Taylor each day we read the post. Glad the rash is not bothersome, and hope Savannahs cold is just a minor one so she can play with Tay Tay soon! Love Elisa, Hailey and Jonathan Pinkus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you getting lots of offers for fun headbands and accessories? I (obsessively) make hair clips for my daughter, and they can be made to fit onto a band as well... If you are interested, PLEASE PLEASE email me, or let Sheri know so she can pass on the word!

    Glad to hear you got some time at home- it's so hard to balance with all this going on! You're doing a great job! Try (I know, this sounds ridiculous!) to pencil in a moment for you too! Maybe allow your girlfriends in the area to scoop you away for a massage in the middle of the day sometime- it's only an hour! You need time for yourself too!!!

    Have a wonderful day, and thank you for the updates...

    Nancy Kules
    nancykules@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Kristen. Our prayers are still strong, our belief in miracles still very real and our heavy hearts for what you and your family are going through are empathetic every day. Love, Kristina Bradley & family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie Messer Meade~

    Hi Kristen and Sean--
    Wow, it has been a long time since we have seen or spoken to each other...long, long time since our Wells fargo days Sean--LOL!! I had heard through the grapevine that you had twin girls and they are beautiful!!! I just found out about Taylor and had to reach out to you both! I love you guys very much and will keep you in my prayers EVERY NIGHT! My sister is a kindergarden teacher and her very favorite student was diagnosed with Leukemia about 2 month ago. He was at Banner Desert and now is home. He asks daily to see my sister and she visits him about once a week. She knows all too well how much support that little boy needs. I am married now and have 2 little boys, Walker and Harrison. Harrison was born on 4/6/2009. I was super sick after having him and 6 weeks later was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (I have to eat a Gluten free diet forever!) Seems pretty insignificant in comparison to what Taylor is going through. But children are so strong and resilient and with all of the love and support you two have...it will be good. In the hands of God :) Just wanted to reach out to you...I just read the blog and I love the updates!!

    XOXO, Laurie

    If you need anything or would like to talk, email me at lauriemesser@hotmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear about your 48 hour hiatus from PCH. I am sure you arrived back to Taylor full of "light"...which is what she needs her mommy to have. I think you will struggle with finding balance the entire time Taylor is sick, so just keep on doing the best you can (remember how we joked about trying to balance everything before...I think moms just make it happen- atleast I know you ALWAYS do!).

    It's got to be tough to watch Taylor loose her hair- hopefully the pretty hats and headbands will keep her smiling!

    As always, we love you all and stay strong!
    Love,
    Laurie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristen, Sean, Taylor and Savannah~
    Hope you are having a good day today~ sending you love and good wishes. I talked to Miss Marcy today and she is missing you all SOOOO much~ just thought I'd pass that along!
    xoxo,
    Amy Neiss (Miss Marcy's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen,

    It was so nice running into you and Savannah the other day....your positive energy and strength AMAZES me....and you are doing such a wonderful job balancing it all!!! Hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you and your family...and praying for Tay-Tay!!!

    Love,

    Tina (and Tony, Zachary, and Olivia too!)

    ReplyDelete